Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 10:17:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 176   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Craigs List Crack Addicts  (Read 615766 times)
orangelion03
My girlfriend loves my

A Most Magnificent Monster

« Reply #705 on: November 02, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »

Eight grand for an S2R800?!?!  With 14K miles???

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/mcy/2034285905.html

2007 Ducati Monster S2R 800 for sale. Original owner, regulary serviced and maintained. This bike was tipped over (not crashed) causing the clutch cover damage so it was repaired by welding due to the high replacement cost. In great condition aside from a few scratches on the tank that can probably be buffed out. The bike has 13933 miles most of which are highway commuting miles. Original "high bars" were just replaced with Vortex clip-ons for a more aggressive sport bike riding position. Tail section was just bobbed and a integrated LED turn signal/brake light was installed. CRG folding mirrors were installed and the stock silencers were removed in favor of some custom machined exhaust tips (the Ducati exhaust rumble is wonderful!). Battery is a new Yuasa and the tires are almost new. Bike has LoJack security system. I have a custom titanium exhaust for the track and most of the take off parts including the windscreen/cowl. This bike is a dream on the track and even more fun on the street!! I have too many projects so help me clean out the garage. Make me an offer, I want this thing in the hands of someone who will ride it more than I do.

For that money you could buy this: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/2027284882.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:50:02 PM by orangelion03 » Logged

VIVA LA EVOLUCION!!!
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #706 on: November 28, 2010, 09:16:36 AM »

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/2082449435.html

Ya think?

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #707 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:54 AM »

Never heard of a Zusuki 300.  Must be some rare and valuable bike!  Could this be the virtual Vincent in the barn?

Awe, maybe not  boo.  That Vincent is still out there Cool

"you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas!!" Davey Crockett & AKmnstr

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
csorin

« Reply #708 on: December 01, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »

If I could swing it, this would be in my garage:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/mcy/2077914410.html
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #709 on: December 09, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »

This bike has got to be hot.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2104104639.html

"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."
Charles Darwin

"I don't know what people expect when they meet me. They seem to be afraid that I'm going to piss in the potted palm and slap them on the ass." Marlon Brando
akmnstr
What a Handsome

The Puppy Killer

« Reply #710 on: December 09, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »

Never knew Duc made a smoker

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2104034404.html

Charles Darwin

orangelion03
My girlfriend loves my

A Most Magnificent Monster

« Reply #711 on: December 09, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »

Or salvage title?  And I thought Bacon Junquie got a great deal! 

VIVA LA EVOLUCION!!!
muskrat

« Reply #712 on: December 23, 2010, 05:49:51 PM »

WOW, just WOW http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/2125746757.html
if I had that much money and my wife said that she'd be the one out the door, not the bike. 

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #713 on: December 23, 2010, 06:02:40 PM »

Shit. The money he spent on that bike could pay for a hell of a divorce lawyer.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
muskrat

« Reply #714 on: December 23, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »

Shit. The money he spent on that bike could pay for a hell of a divorce lawyer.

my thought exactly.  Grin

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #715 on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

Thats a sweet RSV4.

Still wondering what was so hard about installing a license plate kit (At 4 hours labor!)

Chucko9-696

« Reply #716 on: December 23, 2010, 09:09:44 PM »

Yea i think ill stay single  drink

'09 Monster 696
2013 Yamaha V Star 950 tourer
ajw85

« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2010, 06:51:32 AM »

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/2095730279.html

this is a 1989 volvo 240 for $4500 with 170k miles
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #718 on: December 28, 2010, 09:43:44 AM »

I'm still hung up on the Aprilla. Why in the hell would you buy the bike, drop 15 large more into it and then ride it home only to have your wife say you can't have it, sell it! Makes zero sense.

What even makes less sense (and this REALLY pisses me off!!) is why they stuck reflectors on that beautiful carbon fiber front fender!! laughingdp laughingdp

But that is one serious kick ass 'priller!! I'll let him stew a while longer and let his wife get a little more pissed off then I'll offer him $15K! waytogo [moto] Grin

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
77south

« Reply #719 on: December 30, 2010, 05:36:29 AM »

http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/2135557857.html

Hi. My the bike has about 12k for miles..i bought it for 1900 this past summer, and i have put prob a good 550 into it just in bolts for the fairings, new windshield thats black, hid bulbs, new 100 dollar battery that wont stay charged (the rectifier/regulator is shot, i think its shot anyways , but itd be about 50 bucks on ebay if you choose to go that route and get a new one), but, the battery IS still good. also new on the bike: a new black passenger seat, typical expensive fluids. this bike runs, but you need to keep it kinda choked, only because the carbs NEED to be cleaned for max performance(the previous owner let it sit for a year and a half). the coolant has recently been flushed and holds a good temp. the oil has recently been changed and has a new oil filter also. its all synthetic oil. the motor is ok, but there is a small knock coming from the motor, which my motorcycle mechanic said that its a valve that needs to be adjusted. it only ticks/knocks when you rev it up really high at idle, or when ur riding it at high speeds. in order to get it started, youll have to either jump it with a charger, or push/pop start it. the previous owner also tried to install frame sliders, but the attempt failed because the plastics werent all the way bolted on, so the holes are off by about 1.5 inches. you could always make em bigger and itd be fine. i love my bike, but im just gonna buy a brand new one next year, and just dont have the ambition to fix this one..its an awesome bike!! it has basically a brand new back tire, and an extra front tire will come with the bike too. the front one will need to be changed b4 next spring prob. the brakes i re-bled also, and they grab like perfect. i put the bike in my dads name because ive had too many vehicles in my name this year already. its a clean title, and i just got it back today from the state!! it has 2011 tabs.... i just want back basically what i spent on the bike to begin with. you can call or text my phone anytime. text me if you want some pics of it..my name is matt....507-581-4921...DONT DONT email me because i dont check it very often. its an awesome bike, i love it, and i really hate to see it go honestly. but id rather see someone else riding it and enjoying it. itd be an easy winter project. its a beautiful bike in person. Just lookin at it makes you wanna hop on it and take off on it.. my price is $ 2500 FIRM!! its worth double this in parts if parted out...come summer ill add another 1500 to the price so hurry up and get it !!

---------Would possibly take a trade on an acura or honda, preferrably vtec...and must be a 5 speed. i hate automatics-------

Once again, the issues that need to be fixed:
1. Carbs NEED to be cleaned for full power. theyre just dirty from sitting so long
2. Valve needs to be adjusted, thank god its not a rod or something really bad.
3. Regulator/rectifier will need to be replaced. if you dont know what that is...its basically the alternator for the bike. since its bad, the battery wont stay charged when running

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 176   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: