Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 27, 2024, 08:45:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Replace Gel Grips W/O Messy Liquids  (Read 4998 times)
Setsukosan
This Is A Battleground!

« on: October 14, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »

Hey there guys I found out how to replace the hand grips on bikes without any messy liquids like alcohol or soapy water. Note: this method requires a decent air compressor. This may not be news to some of you but it was to me and I wanted to help pass the word along.

1) cut old stock grips off using a knife
2) clean the old glue off of the handlebar using windex or some other cleaning supply
3) push the new grips up the handlebar as far as they will go
4) acquire an air compressor
5) place the tip of the hose in between the handlebar and gel grip
6) turn on an adequate amount of air pressure and twist the gel grip into position.

This is incredibly easy and gives you more riding time. Because you dont have to wait 24 hours for the alcohol/soapy water to dry beneath your grips!
jchurch

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »

I have always use 'Hair Spray' , have on a few bikes and friends bikes as well. I find it great because its very lubricant for about 5mins then sets hard... Anyone else find this easier?

Current Bike:                              09 M1100

Previous Bike(s):                      02 M900I.E
                                                      04 Aprilia RS125
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:44:19 PM »

I have always use 'Hair Spray' , have on a few bikes and friends bikes as well. I find it great because its very lubricant for about 5mins then sets hard... Anyone else find this easier?

Yep waytogo
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 07:01:31 AM »

Hairspray is my grip install lube of choice. When the going REALLY gets tough I break out the Astro-Glide. Try explaining to your significant other why you've got a tube of sex jelly in your toolbox.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: