Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 05:00:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: > 200° F and not running well  (Read 2156 times)
Massinova

Kiss my IZ_ butt

« on: May 25, 2008, 06:39:00 AM »

2007 SR21000
4500 miles
Full DP Termignoni exhaust system, ECU, and open airbox

Got my bike just about this time last year, and have used it primarily as commuter to get to work and back.
When the engine temp reads from 121° F to 192° F, the engine is smooth as silk and behaves like a well oiled, high performance machine.  However starting at 198° F degrees, the engine becomes "noticeably" rougher in the sense that I can feel it vibrate more through the hand grips and foot pegs as well as becoming somewhat obnoxiously louder.  When I say rough, I'm not talking engine stutter or misfiring, ...it physically vibrates more at all rmp ranges and becomes louder  This roughness, makes riding the bike for any extended time not completely unbearable, but not enjoyable as it was when it was running cooler.   This behavior is a preventing me from taking my bike on any long rides.

Not sure where to begin trouble shooting this problem or if this is the natural behavior I should expect.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

First place to start is basic settings, particularly CO in your case.  Then temperature move on to the temperature sensors.  If the dealer installed the DP system this should be covered by warranty.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:33:12 PM by howie » Logged
tangueroHondo

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »

I noticed that my 05 S2R800 started to feel loose the hotter it got, when I was running 10W40 dino oil.  Particularly the trans - it got clunky as hell and balky.  We don't like to talk much about my reasons for running the 10W40.  It was a mistake and I'm trying to get over it.  However, I switched to Motul 20W50 full-synth and immediately realized the error of my 10W40 ways.  Smooth as silk through the whole temp range now.
Massinova

Kiss my IZ_ butt

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »

Thanks for ideas  ...my bike will be going in the shop here next month and I'll be sure to mention the problem.  If that fails, I definitely will try a different oil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: