Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:01:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New exhaust:) Problem:(  (Read 3467 times)
brnout

« on: May 25, 2008, 09:41:09 AM »

I just received my MIVV GPs and mounted them, beautifull pipes! BUT, I do have a small problem, when I mount them in the angle on the official pics, the left pipe is to close to the wheel nut and is going to hit when the damper is compressed. So now the pipes are mounted in a more flatt angle than I would like them to be. So the question: can I bend the header pipes? They have probably been bent when a previous owner had the bike? Anyone had the same problem?

Ps. Took the bafflers out..... Evil  I now have a seriously loud bike! Finally a true monster!

Thanks'
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »

Can you post some photos?  Can't really picture the problem.. is it just a matter of rotating the can a little bit to make the room you need?

As far as bending headers - yeah you could probably do it.  But without a bender it's going to be a hassle and stuff never likes to un-bend as well as it bend in the 1st place.  You run the risk of collapins the section instead of reducing the bend

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
brnout

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:03:11 PM »

have tried to twist the midpipes in all directions, but when they poin in the angle that they are ment to be, the pipe angles in towards the wheel and is rigt in the way of the wheel nut during damper compression.. A bit hard to explain, and sorry but have no pictures here, the bike is currently at a friends house, have no garage..
teddy037.2
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:05 PM »

is the can welded to the mid pipe? it is entirely possible that you'll have to settle for a compromise as far as clearances and look are concerned.

welcome to the club  Wink
brnout

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 01:23:54 PM »

I really dont like compromises.. hehe.. The midpipe is not stuck to the can.. But I think brute force will be my tactic  Grin  But will try to post some pics tomorrow so you can better visualize'
teddy037.2
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 01:27:37 PM »

at least you have the adjustability then... I'd keep monkeying w/it to see if they ever line up  waytogo

my arrows were welded. so it was pretty much they fit or they didn't. I had to return the first set because the hangars were misaligned. goooooo italian build quality!  waytogo
DRKWNG
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

at least you have the adjustability then... I'd keep monkeying w/it to see if they ever line up  waytogo

my arrows were welded. so it was pretty much they fit or they didn't. I had to return the first set because the hangars were misaligned. goooooo italian build quality!  waytogo

What are you doing on here Teddy?  You were supposed to be at work today!!  Tongue
teddy037.2
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »

What are you doing on here Teddy?  You were supposed to be at work today!!  Tongue

lunch break  Roll Eyes
Heathbert

'07 - M695 - with far too many accessories

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »

Here are a couple of pics of my MIVVs, they might help you a bit.

And no baffles  waytogo

“There is no methadone treatment for the Ducati addiction; only the real thing calms the nerves and allows one to resume a normal life." - Peter Egan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: