Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:40:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termignoni dB Killer Mods (M1100)  (Read 68394 times)
Strafer

Tennessee bugs taste best.

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 01:00:53 PM »

I searched for dB Killers for my Termignoni mufflers and found none. Embarrassed Your searches might be more productive. I think any "tuning" difference will be very small either way and therefore not much concern in terms of air/fuel ratios. I suggest that you install the pipes first and go from there with dB Killer mods to your personal preference as the sound levels dictate.

`09 Monster 1100S + Termi carbon cans w/ECU/filter + Gutted dB Killers + Tech Spec tank pads + Evotech fender eliminator + 14-T sprocket + Speedymoto sliders + Beltronics RX-65 radar detector
sbrguy

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 02:09:49 PM »

my mods to the db killers was more simple.

rather than cut off all of the inner tube, all i did was take the original db killer and the closed end, i drilled a 5/8 inch diameter hole right there so that there was a straight path for exhaust to go through.

some have asked how this sounds.  try this. put the db killers in before you mod them and listen to the exhuast.  you will notice it it almost stock quiet but still has the distinct "termi" low rumble but very quiet.  when i did my mods i first started with a 1/4 drill bit and drilled the hole and listened to them again.  this made almost no difference.  As you use larger drill bits to expand the hole the sound got louder but only in small amounts, when you go up to 1/2 inch diameter to 5/8 diameter you are no longer as quiet as stock at all, but you are not blatantly loud at idle either.  you can definitely tell its louder than stock no doubt but when idling its nowhere near obnoxious at all, its only when you start to rev up to 3k rpm and higher does it now really get louder than stock by a good amount but again nowhere near as it would be without db in them at all.

others do more drastic mods to the db killers, my mods to mine were much less drastic and make a very subtle change to them that i think most people would be happy with the sound that i get from mine, they still have the termi sound but it will no longer annoy neighbors.  also if a harley with straight pipes pulls up next to me, you won't even hear my bike anymore at all.
jchurch

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 05:40:40 PM »

Strafer: thanks for your DB Killer mod's advice.  bow down

After installing my slip-on kit this weekend I found with DB Killers in the bike was very quite, In fact I think the stockies were louder!! boo

Anyways I completed your 'Stage 1' mod first however I didn't notice much of a difference, I then cut them down again past the holes but still not much of a difference. I then completed 'Stage 2' with the DB Killer 'ring only' and your right its nice but without the massive 'basey drone' that your neighbours/policeman hate.  waytogo

BTW: I may be a little biased to some with the noise as I had a Ducati Monster M900I.E '02 before with baffles completely removed from stockies but I believe this is quieter than that with the 'Stage 2' mod in place.

Current Bike:                              09 M1100

Previous Bike(s):                      02 M900I.E
                                                      04 Aprilia RS125
Strafer

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 04:10:12 AM »

Strafer: thanks for your DB Killer mod's advice.  bow down

You are welcome.  chug

`09 Monster 1100S + Termi carbon cans w/ECU/filter + Gutted dB Killers + Tech Spec tank pads + Evotech fender eliminator + 14-T sprocket + Speedymoto sliders + Beltronics RX-65 radar detector
jchurch

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »

BTW all;

I decided to search around for a pair of 'spare' DB Killers just in-case. I was lucky enough that my cousin came through with a pair for me. However on my search I found that http://www.ducatiperformance.com/ can order these in for you. They don't have them listed on their site but I said to sales to list them up in which they agreed as I explained there is others looking. He explained they are $92.80 (US) for the set and would need to be ordered from Ducati Italy (2week turn around).

Anyways if you really need them then this is an option for you.

Current Bike:                              09 M1100

Previous Bike(s):                      02 M900I.E
                                                      04 Aprilia RS125
Strafer

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:17 PM »

BTW all;

I decided to search around for a pair of 'spare' DB Killers just in-case. I was lucky enough that my cousin came through with a pair for me. However on my search I found that http://www.ducatiperformance.com/ can order these in for you. They don't have them listed on their site but I said to sales to list them up in which they agreed as I explained there is others looking. He explained they are $92.80 (US) for the set and would need to be ordered from Ducati Italy (2week turn around).

Anyways if you really need them then this is an option for you.

That's good (and expensive) info.  waytogo

Chris,desmoworld

DMF SPONSOR

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 12:05:34 AM »

STOPPPPPP CUTTING !!  Grin

check our look-a-like killers  laughingdp

http://www.desmoworld.com/shop/de/catalogsearch/result/?q=eater+scheiben&x=0&y=0

we can do this in different inside/outside diameters ... price for a pair ... less expensive that spare killers  waytogo

for any question let me know

Bye
Chris
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:08:36 AM by Chris,desmoworld » Logged

IMPORTANT : please dont send pm !! ( see also sponsor area ) thanks

------

follow us on facebook if you are there :-)

http://www.facebook.com/Desmoworld
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »

Ach sheisse... there goes more money... 

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
M1100

Life is Good....

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 08:41:33 AM »

STOPPPPPP CUTTING !!  Grin

check our look-a-like killers  laughingdp

we can do this in different inside/outside diameters ... price for a pair ... less expensive that spare killers  waytogo

for any question let me know

Bye
Chris

How much are the colt style shipped to 80130?  Can you translate all of the description for us?  How about a shot of them in a Termi?

Big Bear Chopper Sled Prostreet
Monster 1100
The artist FKA bbc chop
theprocess

'09 M696

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »

Will these fit 696 termis?  How much for a pair shipped to North America?
Chris,desmoworld

DMF SPONSOR

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 12:26:09 AM »

Hi Guys

at the moment i never hold a Termi for 696-1100 in my hands, so i dont know the dimension
if you let me know the dimension ... they will fit  Grin

of course i can check the dimension self ... after EICMA Show in Milano

shipping 8.50 Euro , so a set costs 29.46 shipped

Chris

------

M1100

Life is Good....

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 05:40:38 AM »

Yeah I have an 1100, I think they may be different...  I can wait for you to measure.  I assume the 29.46 is euros?  Theprocess and I are in the US....

Monster 1100
The artist FKA bbc chop
Chris,desmoworld

DMF SPONSOR

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 03:13:06 PM »

oh yes of course ... forgot the "Euros" !  Grin

btw termi 696 & 1100 are the same

i will do some pics inside a termignoni asap

------

M1100

Life is Good....

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »

Thanks!  I may have to get these.  Any idea how much they reduce the "open" db?  I want to take the edge off when in the neighborhood but open it up in the mountains!   Police

Monster 1100
The artist FKA bbc chop
mendoje

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »

I also decided that my Ti Sil Motos needed some db killers, didn't want my M800 to be my neighbor's 0530 wake up call. Couldn't find any, so I had to make them myself...

But you'll need one of these too:

Jeff

2003 M800Sie / 2004 BMW R1100S / 1981 BMW R100RS (Sold) / 1977 Kawasaki KE100 (1st Bike Smiley)
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=27788.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: