Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:17:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termignoni dB Killer Mods (M1100)  (Read 68385 times)
klone

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »

Just did the mod to my 1100S, I cut everything off to just leave the rings. Awesome balance of sound now, still loud but not too loud. I have a cheap db meter on my phone and it dropped the decibels by about 6 or 7. Like I say it is a cheap app so take it for what it is worth, however the sound is great. I kept taking the baffles out and then putting them back in, now it seems perfect.
Strafer

Tennessee bugs taste best.

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »

Cool...!  Grin

`09 Monster 1100S + Termi carbon cans w/ECU/filter + Gutted dB Killers + Tech Spec tank pads + Evotech fender eliminator + 14-T sprocket + Speedymoto sliders + Beltronics RX-65 radar detector
theprocess

'09 M696

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 11:53:47 AM »

Hi everyone.  I know this is an old thread but thought I'd give it a shot.  I'm in the same situation.  No DB killer is too loud and Termi DB killer is too soft.  I have a 2009 Monster 696 but my DB killers look different.

So, looks like the bottom is already open.  I could try some holes on the tube so that I can take some small steps to get to the sound I like or I could just jump to the later part of the mod and just go for the ring.  Did anyone else's killers look like this?  Is this the 696 version versus the 1100?

Thanks.
Adam

Mine have the cap on the end. 696 inner tube diameter looks smaller than the 1100 version.

Still havent done this mod. Anyone know if Chris made those db killers? Is he still in business?
ducwild

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 03:16:21 PM »

Hi,
Mine looks just like AdamF's db killers.  And Yes, Chris did make them.  I bought his about a month ago.  It was roughly $50 with shipping from Germany to California, USA.  Got the 47.5mm after getting in touch with him.  Got this one, the legal look db eater since that was all he had in stock:  http://www.desmoworld.com/shop/de/db-eater-legal-look.html  The sound is sweet music.
-drew

2012 Ducati Monster 696
Termignoni CF exhaust w/ECU and filter
Evotech Tail Tidy
Moto Dynamic Integrated Tail light
peppeducati

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »

I have a 2011 796 with termi carbons. The DB killers did not have an open end. Like everyone else bike was way too quiet with db killers in and too loud with them out. I tried the whole ear plug thing and couldn't deal with it. Instead of modding the Termi db killers I ordered the DB killers in 47.5mm size from Desmoworld. After a week of nothing, I was delighted when I got a response back. A very helpful employee named Tina (I believe) processed the order. Cost me a little less than $50 shipped from Germany to CT and took about a week. The Desmoworld DB killers are a perfect balance, loud enough and I do not need to wear ear plugs. This also allowed me to save the stock termi db killers in case I ever sell the bike or pipes. The sound is very similar to my former bike (2006 S2R1K) which had Arrow pipes on with no baffles. I still can't believe how much louder the Termi's are than the Arrow's with no baffles. Strange. In any case I am very happy that I found a solution. Best $50 I have spent in a while!
Bishamon

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2013, 09:03:05 AM »

I have a 2011 796 with termi carbons. The DB killers did not have an open end. Like everyone else bike was way too quiet with db killers in and too loud with them out. I tried the whole ear plug thing and couldn't deal with it. Instead of modding the Termi db killers I ordered the DB killers in 47.5mm size from Desmoworld. After a week of nothing, I was delighted when I got a response back. A very helpful employee named Tina (I believe) processed the order. Cost me a little less than $50 shipped from Germany to CT and took about a week. The Desmoworld DB killers are a perfect balance, loud enough and I do not need to wear ear plugs.

I would like to go this route; can you (or anyone else - I realize this thread is old) confirm which part to order?  There are a bunch of options in various shapes and sizes on their site and I can't seem to find a 47.5mm option (there are a couple of 47.65mm).

The Termis are insanely loud!  Louder than my Sport 1000 was with Termis with the db killers removed.  Part of me likes it, but I'm certain the neighbours don't appreciate being awakened early in the morning, and I don't want to have to start wearing earplugs during my commute.

Will the DP ECU need to be re-tuned with db killers installed?

2011 Monster 796
2007 Sport 1000 SE (SOLD) Sad
ducwild

« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »

I got the 47.5 mm.  Also, I did not have to have the ECU tuned for it.  I do get an occasional pop on deceleration, not major.  They sound great I might add.

Hope you are able to find them in stock.

2012 Ducati Monster 696
Evotech Tail Tidy
Bishamon

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »

I got the 47.5 mm.  Also, I did not have to have the ECU tuned for it.  I do get an occasional pop on deceleration, not major.  They sound great I might add.

Thanks!  They appear to have a 47.45mm, but I sent them a message asking about a 47.5mm version.  Hopefully I receive a response (I never received a response to the last email I sent them, but that was over a year ago).

2011 Monster 796
Bishamon

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »

No response to my email (yet), but these ones are available in 47.5mm:

http://www.desmoworld.com/shop/de/db-eater-legal-look.html

They are just the end pieces, though; do they look like what you have?

2011 Monster 796
ducwild

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 11:22:16 AM »

Yep, those are the exact ones I bought because they did not have the other style in stock.  Made little difference to me since they were going in the pipes.

I encountered slow email responses too.  I think I found them on Facebook and sent them a message there and got a prompt response though.

Hope you are as satisfied as I am with them  Smiley

2012 Ducati Monster 696
Evotech Tail Tidy
Bishamon

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »

Thanks!  I've tried to place an order; we'll see how it goes.  Smiley

2011 Monster 796
Bishamon

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »

Well, the DB killers arrived.  They are quite nicely made, especially considering they won’t really be seen once installed.

Of course, now that I have them, I’m reconsidering installing them.  lol   Sometimes I like that the Termis are loud, and they look so much better with open ends.  I’ve passed some cops and haven’t been stopped (yet), and the neighbors only made a ‘passive’ complaint – “So, you have been riding your bike to work...”  ;-)

I may just leave them out and hang onto them in case the police start cracking down.

2011 Monster 796
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: