Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 11:17:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mileage on the Michelin Pilot Road2's?  (Read 4028 times)
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »

no confusion on my bike.
says "pilot road 2ct" on both tires

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 05:39:45 AM »

Correct: it's "Pilot Power 2CT."

The same website, when referring to the Pilot Road 2 leaves off the "CT" all 7 times that the tire's name is given. http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotroad2. The "2CT" shown on that page is a reference to "dual-compound technology," not part of the tire name. It's particularly silly and confusing that it's "Road 2" but "Power 2CT."

no confusion on my bike.

Interesting. I sold the bike that had Pilot Road 2's on it, so I can't go have a look. The Michelin website even shows a logo for Pilot Road 2 that omits "CT." Odd that they would go to the trouble and expense of developing one logo to use on websites and brochures and a different one to use on the actual product.

There's a photo of someone else's Pilot Road 2 that does NOT have the "CT" at http://www.flickr.com/photos/macktruckturner/2656175611/# (Apparently, Flickr doesn't like having images hotlinked.)

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise if they use different naming on the website and the actual product since consistency and logic are so obviously not of much concern to them.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
grandpa nate
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 06:06:33 AM »

no confusion on my bike.

mine 2
greenmonster

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »

It is a bit confusing...
Checked my tires today, it says Pilot Road 2, then on 2 other places it says 2ct. Huh?

Maybe it is like this:
If you order Pilot Road 2, you`ll get dualcompound ones cause all PR2 are now dualcompound.
To get Pilot Power dualcompound, you specifically have to order PP2ct.
If you order just PP, you get the soft rubber in the whole tire.
PP comes in 2 versions, new generation PR only in 1, dual compound that is.

Just my guess..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:57:26 PM by greenmonster » Logged

M900 -97 
MTS 1100s  -07
ian48th

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 08:58:07 PM »

Seems to be lots of positive feedback here for the Pilot Road 2CT, but after about 3,500 miles on mine I wish I'd gotten the Pilot Power 2CT.  Maybe it's just me, but these tires have always felt a bit unsteady at lean, whether hot or cold.  Wear is good so far and they're okay otherwise; I just wish they felt more planted in fast sweepers.  Haven't ridden with them in the rain much, so no comment there.

2000 M900Sie
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

The PR2 tires on my Aprilia have over 8k miles on them, and they look like they will go at least 2k or 3k more.  That bike is also a lot heavier than a Monster.  I've been very happy with them, but I don't ride that bike as aggressively as the others (which have PP).

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
scott_araujo

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 09:39:15 AM »

Looked at my Pilot Roads this moring, looks like the rear is down to maybe half tread depth in the middle.  Not squared off but not perfectly round either.  This seemed lame until I checked my maint log: just under 8000 miles since the were installed.  I'll be getting the Road 2s for sure when I need new ones.

Scott
dlearl476

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »

It's their company and they can make whatever dumb naming decisions they want, but this seems certain to ensure few people ever quite know exactly what their products are really called.

It worked out swell for me. I ordered a set of PR2's for my Triumph and they shipped me a set of Pilot Power2ct's by mistake!   waytogo  When I alerted them to their mistake, they said "Keep 'em.  It would cost us to much to ship them back and re-ship the right tire." 

I have then, and now a set of PR2's on the Monster.  Both are good, but the PP2ct's are fantastic.  I wish it had worked the other way round so I had the PR2s on the Triumph, but oh well.

The PR2s on the Monster are too new to tell, I'll proabably get my ususal 10-12k out of them.  The PP2ct's have about 4k on them and I can't even see wear, yet.  But that's normal.  It seems on previous Michelins wear becomes more apparent at 8k-10k. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: