Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moanalua Freeway Crash  (Read 1719 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« on: December 18, 2009, 06:42:38 AM »

Maybe you folks have read about the fatality the other night on the freeway. Young guy named Chad riding a R1 the wrong way at 0300, crashed and then run over by a car which left the scene.

The folks over on Forums Hawaii are full of RIP's and "we'll miss you bro". Nothing wrong with that but there are some that are suggesting that the police were chasing the guy and that it's the popo fault that he went down the onramp the wrong way to begin with and that there is a cover up going on.

Without seeming to be heartless, WTF?? ---- Why would the police chase him in the first place unless he was speeding to begin with?  Why, in fact, are you going at high speeds at 3 in the morning in the second place? And why go down an onramp and not realize that you are going the wrong way?  A bike would be pretty easy to pull over to the side and get it turned around esp. at 3am cause there just wouldn't be that much traffic.

It's like Chris Rock says.... "There you are at 3 in the morning pulling $400.00 out of an ATM. That can't be good!!"

You can love your friends. I've lost lots of good friends throughout the years. Some of them through no fault of theirs other than they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. A few went because of dumb, stupid things they were doing. Doesn't mean I love them any less but I won't call it anything less than what it was much less try to rationalize it into something else. So why not say "Hey, he make the beast with two backsed up. Let's remember him for the good things and remember not to do the dumb thing that got him".

Jeez.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 06:44:10 AM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »

Idk how it's even possible to get to an opposite on ramp when on the fwy.

somehow climb over the concrete dividers? make a u-turn and book it the other way, because you missed your exit?

I could see being on surface streets, then making a wrong turn onto a fwy OFF ramp by mistake...
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 02:46:52 PM »

Yeah I saw that too.

I avoided posting in that thread because I didn't want to point out the possibility that the rider may very well be the victim of his own actions.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 04:16:16 PM »

Yup.  It sucks.  But it's the fault of the police for chasing somebody?  I'm not saying the cops are right about everything all the time, but if they're after you, they think you did something wrong.  Pull over.  Running makes you definitely wrong.

Mac said it all really. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: