Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 01:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday Evening Ride & Dinner  (Read 2931 times)
Bick
Post Whore

« on: May 28, 2008, 12:36:17 PM »

Anyone up for getting the Friday evening dinner rides going again?

This Friday is supposed to be nice. 

Meet in Golden @ 5:30...  A couple canyons & dinner at Mangia?

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »

I'd love to, but I'm going to be in Floriduh until Saturday afternoon  Angry

Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »

One week 'til cast off, then 2 more 'til riding (per the doctors, but what do those people know anyway?!). So I'd be in, but hold yer horses young man. Smiley
Oh, and we may have a new monster rider joining us by then too. Wink
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »

Oh, and we may have a new monster rider joining us by then too. Wink

Is your girl buying your bumble 6-twen-bee?

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Manny

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »

Is your girl buying your bumble 6-twen-bee?

Don't want to jinx it, but that's the plan. She gets the bumble-bee (with a boat-load of extra stuff for free, Remus pipes, PC3, some Cyclecat parts, suspension upgrade, a bunch of CF, etc), and I get a multistrada (a black '07 1000S model is the one I'm looking at) for more commuting, more displacement, and two-up riding.  Cool

The dealer (Northern) should call me soon on the multi, and I'm stoked to see my girl on the bumble-bee.  Wink Hands off, all you lecherous bastids!  Grin

By the time everything shakes out, my hand should be ready to ride.  waytogo Then I'll be on for your friday night ridin'/eatin' get-togethers.
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 05:15:35 PM »

Don't want to jinx it, but that's the plan. She gets the bumble-bee (with a boat-load of extra stuff for free, Remus pipes, PC3, some Cyclecat parts, suspension upgrade, a bunch of CF, etc), and I get a multistrada (a black '07 1000S model is the one I'm looking at) for more commuting, more displacement, and two-up riding.  Cool

The dealer (Northern) should call me soon on the multi, and I'm stoked to see my girl on the bumble-bee.  Wink Hands off, all you lecherous bastids!  Grin

By the time everything shakes out, my hand should be ready to ride.  waytogo Then I'll be on for your friday night ridin'/eatin' get-togethers.

That is so cool!  I just got a smokin' deal on a black Multistrudle from Northern, too!  I did not know they had another one up there.

Can you give me a ride up there to pick it up?

Just kidding...  Except for the "That is so cool" part.

Manny

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

You pregnant dog! Git yer dirty mitts off'n my bike!  Kiss

I'll give you a ride up there if you test-ride and bring it back for me.  Tongue

After they get it, and clear it for sale, and I go up there and hear it, and put a down on it . . . then i have to wait for 3 weeks to ride it home.  Cry

This shit's driving me crazy. I'm gonna get out the dremel now...  Evil
Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 08:55:25 PM »

Manny, what did you end up paying? I've been looking for a daily commuter.
Stella

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 04:44:31 AM »

Would love to go ride but I have our last kickball game tonite in Aurora....   Undecided

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 05:45:31 AM »

Stella...  STELLA!!!  Grin

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 05:55:56 AM »

I'll give you a ride up there if you test-ride and bring it back for me.  Tongue

Deal.  I'll even store it and make sure the gas doesn't go bad or the battery doesn't go dead over the next 3 weeks.

Manny

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »

Manny, what did you end up paying? I've been looking for a daily commuter.

Haven't sealed the deal yet (they haven't gotten it in and called me yet). The sales guy was talking just under $10k. It's a bit steep, but I want the black, S-model, and low miles. And I want the '07 as it's the last year with a dry clutch.

They will have an '05 Multi, 1000ds motor, red, with the normal suspension, and slightly higher miles for alot less.  Undecided Might be a great commuter though.

I've seen a bunch on fleabay, but they're mostly all red. And buying a bike sight unseen (and unheard, unridden) doesn't make me feel very good in my tummy...

Deal.  I'll even store it and make sure the gas doesn't go bad or the battery doesn't go dead over the next 3 weeks.

Cool. And I'll watch over that R1 for you while my new bike is taking up all your garage space.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: