Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 08:22:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is up with speedymoto????????  (Read 10044 times)
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 06:38:45 AM »

I waited months for my top triple and tallboy clipons from speedymoto.... great quality, beautiful workmanship.... but zero inventory.  I was keen to see how their rearsets would turn out, back in June they told me "around August......"  Glad I ordered Rizomas coz still their website says "coming soon".   I dont get it, they make great stuff, they're very helpful to deal with and there's a great deal of latent business out there.....  but they just dont seem to be able to meet demand. 

I think it's the other way around.  Putting 10K worth of stuff on the shelves so it's "in stock" is pretty hard in these times.  And despite what people "say", I don't think there are a bunch of folks wanting to order stuff daily from SM (or anywhere).  Lots of talk, but...

hcomp
All this time I wondered what it was like to have a

Nothing to see here

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 08:51:13 AM »

As a manufacturer, I can tell you right now it is a real pregnant dog to get stuff machined, cut or bent in this economic down turn.  A lot of the shops that do fab and /or machining have gone out of business.  So we are now left with a few places to choose from and the turn around time is exponentially longer to get pieces made.  If you are also doing small production, your order gets pushed back if a large production run comes in.  This recession sucks.

にもかかわらず、私の車は本当に速いドライブ、私は女性の生殖器のようなバイクに乗る
wingnut

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 09:04:33 AM »

Thanks for the link, I'll give them a shot.
scduc

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »

If you can get accurate cad files, I can have my shop machine them. I find it hard to believe that Speedymoto has an out-side shop do there work. And if they do it in house, then they have some serious issues. Any way, I have given it some thought and I will most likely start drawing some stuff up. I think things like triples would be fairly simple ( 1 surface with a flip for the frok clamps.)

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 01:57:50 AM »

.....Putting 10K worth of stuff on the shelves so it's "in stock" is pretty hard in these times.....
Agreed.  So, take my order and gimme a realistic timeline for delivery.  Even if they build to order, supply is too slow and ad hoc.  I like their stuff a lot, have bought their stuff (rather than just talked about buying) but having waited whilst ETAs for shipping get ever postponed...... I tend now to shop elsewhere.  Which is a shame, coz as I said I think they make great stuff.  Times may indeed be hard, but they're gonna get harder if real buyers like myself are turned away from great product made by fine craftsmen due to production delays.  Pity.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 05:26:06 AM »

Isn't this exactly what happened to Cyclecat? And where are they now?  bang head

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 05:34:25 AM »

Isn't this exactly what happened to Cyclecat? And where are they now?  bang head
Pretty much...

except it doesn't seem like there is anyone to step in like Speedymoto did

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

b.

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 07:00:09 AM »

I agree their manufacturing delays are frustrating, but they're definitely still making products.  I order through my local dealer who seems to be able to keep good stock of SM frame sliders and clutch covers.  I had to wait a few weeks for SM to make a batch of top triples, but I did receive it earlier this month via my dealer.

If you're willing to wait, but need another place to buy from other than SM's website, shoot me a PM and I will forward you my local dealer's contact info.

2005 M620 | so*cal | terapia.
DarkStaR

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 07:05:30 AM »

Flashback to what happened to Cyclecat:

Quote from: Alfred
In a nutshell, what happened is that it took us 6 years to fully develop and design the products, and get them all into full production. During that time, we invested a ton of money into the business, and did not earn a return. Ironically, even before we became profitable with Cycle Cat, we had to increase production capacity, which we addressed by moving production to Cleveland, onto much larger machines.

At the same time, having difficult cash flow over several years eventually makes it difficult to justify and achieve continuing investment, regardless of how well received the products are. We had to find other ways to generate income. We began importing, distributing, and retailing related products through our sister companies, Moto Millennia and Oncycles.

These businesses began to grow, but had also required seed and nurture capital. Inter-alia, production scheduling of Cycle Cat became problematic, and our partner company in Cleveland ran into problems both with the scheduling of their machines and with the financial requirements of production.

The result was a demand for capital on our part, from several sides of the business at once, which we could not meet. Taking all the variables into account, the most logical solution, and the solution we could effect most rapidly and directly was to slow or cease production of Cycle Cat products, and focus resources elsewhere. That's what we did, and we expected it to be very short term.

The term proved longer than we expected, and though we tried to be realistic in projecting future production, again and again we were proved overly optimistic. We ultimately decided to stop disappointing people, and consider the product line (except stands, sliders, and a few clutch covers) dormant. It was a bitter pill, but one we felt needed to be swallowed in good faith, for our customers.

Today, the capital situation is much improved, but not yet where it needs to be to get back into the business in a quality way. That is, if and when we again produce Cycle Cat products, there will not be backorders, and there will be no disappointments. Until we can do it consistently to that standard, we won't do it.

Thanks for asking. It means a lot to us.

Best-

Alfred

Triple J
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 07:08:22 AM »

Ducati Seattle carries Speedymoto stuff. Might be worth giving them a call if you're looking for something.
scduc

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »

Its not the economy that is causeing the issues for SM. I work in a fairly small tool shop and we've  had issues with money flow. We did many things to improve the situation. We currently have customers with small pockets and low quantity production runs. Yet we still make profit and also make sure they make profit. As far as the whole inventory thing goes, some of that is true, however when you start to manage work flow properly and have the right people in the right places, you can achieve great things. Companies that "put all thier eggs in one basket" have great difficulty when things get tough. We've adapted the whole lean manufacturing concept and it does work. Motorcycles parts for the most part are not complicated. Yes time and money needs to be spend to keep up to date with model years. With certain practices in place, we can run highly detailed parts(with full inspection), pull a fixture and make a completely differnt part. This can happen many times a day and still be profitable.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »

The folks behind Cycle-Cat had alot of other business ventures as well. The moto parts were a small part of their business. afaik

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »

I agree their manufacturing delays are frustrating, but they're definitely still making products.  I order through my local dealer who seems to be able to keep good stock of SM frame sliders and clutch covers.  I had to wait a few weeks for SM to make a batch of top triples, but I did receive it earlier this month via my dealer.

If you're willing to wait, but need another place to buy from other than SM's website, shoot me a PM and I will forward you my local dealer's contact info.
Jeff at monsterparts  >> http://www.monsterparts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc? << also seems to keep some SM stuff in stock, but check with him first coz if he has to wait on SM to deliver, then your groundhogday is set to continue.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 06:41:00 AM »

Recently received a SpeedyMoto water pump cover.  I really like their quality and the parts they offer.  It is good stuff if you can find it.  I'm hoping to eventually get the billet Monster triples - and then I'm done modding Roll Eyes  lol

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
desmoworks

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 12:17:07 PM »

Recently received a SpeedyMoto water pump cover.  I really like their quality and the parts they offer.  It is good stuff if you can find it.  I'm hoping to eventually get the billet Monster triples - and then I'm done modding Roll Eyes  lol

I've got a grey set of Monster triples in stock that were installed, but then uninstalled (really long story). They are in perfect condition. I'll make you a KILLER deal on them... like 40% off retail.

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: