Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 06:22:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what is up with speedymoto????????  (Read 10036 times)
DarkStaR

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 12:22:31 PM »

I've got a grey set of Monster triples in stock that were installed, but then uninstalled (really long story). They are in perfect condition. I'll make you a KILLER deal on them... like 40% off retail.

Are Is that top and bottom?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:47:34 PM by DarkStaR » Logged

desmoworks

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »

I think it's the other way around.  Putting 10K worth of stuff on the shelves so it's "in stock" is pretty hard in these times.  And despite what people "say", I don't think there are a bunch of folks wanting to order stuff daily from SM (or anywhere).  Lots of talk, but...

The business is there. We were selling $10K/month in SpeedyMoto products until we couldn't get them reliably anymore. That isn't a huge amount, but we are just one small retailer in a long list of retailers. There is a steady demand for the product, but they ran into issues and couldn't keep the supply up.

We dropped them from our catalog as I couldn't expect my customers to wait 6 weeks for frame sliders and I got tired of telling people a delivery date and then not having the products delivered on time. It gets embarrassing and it wears on you to have to catch shit from customers who are tired of waiting when the wait is completely out of your control!

I hope they figure it out and get back on track as I like the products and the people at SpeedyMoto, but the service just isn't there! If they work it out we'll be carrying their products again.

In the mean time I'm just now picking up EVR to have a full range of clutch covers, pressure plates, spring caps + more technical parts like slipper clutches, slave cylinders and air boxes.

They are a legit company who can supply the products they offer. The other day I ordered 80 pressure plates, 160 clutch covers, 100 spring cap kits, 30 slave cylinders, 30 slipper clutches, 10 carbon airboxes, etc... and they said it will all be ready to ship in 2 weeks. With SpeedyMoto we couldn't get 5 clutch covers in 2 weeks!

Anthony Creek
Pro Italia Online || mota-lab
desmoworks

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »

Are that top and bottom?

Yeah, for the S2R/S4R - but I just realized I only have black handlebar clamps to go with them so they can be sold without risers for anyone who wants all grey or with the black risers.

Anthony Creek
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »

The business is there. We were selling $10K/month in SpeedyMoto products until we couldn't get them reliably anymore. That isn't a huge amount, but we are just one small retailer in a long list of retailers. There is a steady demand for the product, but they ran into issues and couldn't keep the supply up.

We dropped them from our catalog as I couldn't expect my customers to wait 6 weeks for frame sliders and I got tired of telling people a delivery date and then not having the products delivered on time. It gets embarrassing and it wears on you to have to catch shit from customers who are tired of waiting when the wait is completely out of your control!

I hope they figure it out and get back on track as I like the products and the people at SpeedyMoto, but the service just isn't there! If they work it out we'll be carrying their products again.

In the mean time I'm just now picking up EVR to have a full range of clutch covers, pressure plates, spring caps + more technical parts like slipper clutches, slave cylinders and air boxes.

They are a legit company who can supply the products they offer. The other day I ordered 80 pressure plates, 160 clutch covers, 100 spring cap kits, 30 slave cylinders, 30 slipper clutches, 10 carbon airboxes, etc... and they said it will all be ready to ship in 2 weeks. With SpeedyMoto we couldn't get 5 clutch covers in 2 weeks!

You guys are doing well then, better than most!

Selling 10K worth of product (retail) is vastly different than having 10K worth of product ready to ship (wholesale) to your distributor though...unless your business plan is completely out of whack.  I don't know what the markup is on billet duc parts, but it's probably a lot more than 30%...

scduc

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

"SpeedyMoto" if you are out there, think about outsourcing some of your work. If the issue lies in the area that you yourself cant meet demand, then put the pressure on someone else. I'm sure there are many machining shops in your area that will bend over backwards to get some work. Even if it is only 1 or 2 products. If you can get someone else to help when the demand is high, you should never be behind. Face it, places like SP an Riz. make a killing on selling $300 triples that use $10 of aluminum. Having someone else eat a little profit means nothing compared to customers going elsewhere. You want to stay in business and make profit? Figure out a way to get it done.  P.S. hire me. I will make it happen for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:59:58 PM by scduc » Logged

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »

About 6 months ago, I was told the reason for the delay was that production had been ramped down during the recession and they were trying to ramp things up again. I doubt they would still be catching up from that, though.

Last spring I tried to order tall boys and was told 3 months to get them. I waited 3 months then received a call to tell me it was "looking like another 3 months". I cancelled my order and went with tomaselli (which was more what I had in mind anyway).  It was that or miss the riding season waiting for speedymoto.
caperix

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2009, 02:59:48 PM »

Are there any other sources for 53mm monster top tripples?  I have a set of 998 forks waiting to install on my monster that I just need a top tripple for.  I have been cautious about ordering out of stock parts sence a retailer took my money for a set of termi's and ran.
desmoworks

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2009, 03:07:11 PM »

You guys are doing well then, better than most!

Selling 10K worth of product (retail) is vastly different than having 10K worth of product ready to ship (wholesale) to your distributor though...unless your business plan is completely out of whack.  I don't know what the markup is on billet duc parts, but it's probably a lot more than 30%...

A company like SpeedyMoto, who acts as a manufacturer and distributor, should have a minimum of $100K worth of product on the shelf at wholesale - ALL the time. When we were selling SM we'd keep somewhere between $5-$10K at cost on the shelf all the time. Even as a retailer you have to in order to be successful with a product like that.

It just doesn't work if you don't have inventory. As an example - I import ZARD exhaust. I keep 130-150 exhausts in stock on the shelf at all times (144 on the shelf as I type this). If I tell customers it is going to be 4-6 weeks they won't purchase the exhaust in most cases. Same goes for smaller items like clutch covers. Who is going to wait several weeks when there are 10+ other companies out there who do have inventory.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:13:43 PM by desmoworks » Logged

Anthony Creek
desmoworks

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2009, 03:12:38 PM »

"SpeedyMoto" if you are out there, think about outsourcing some of your work. If the issue lies in the area that you yourself cant meet demand, then put the pressure on someone else. I'm sure there are many machining shops in your area that will bend over backwards to get some work. Even if it is only 1 or 2 products. If you can get someone else to help when the demand is high, you should never be behind. Face it, places like SP an Riz. make a killing on selling $300 triples that use $10 of aluminum. Having someone else eat a little profit means nothing compared to customers going elsewhere. You want to stay in business and make profit? Figure out a way to get it done.  P.S. hire me. I will make it happen for you.

I don't think that is the issue - in fact they picked up another machine earlier this year so they are capable of producing a lot of parts and in the past were able to keep the shelves full - when demand was much higher than it is now.

I am only speculating, but I think it is a simple cash flow issue. My guess is that when the cash flow slowed they didn't have the money to purchase enough raw materials which starts a chain of events that ends with MAJOR delays in production and even more cash flow issues as products are getting finished and paid for. Again, that is speculation on my part, but it is all I can figure out that makes sense as I know they are capable of producing enough parts to meet the demand - they did it in the past.

I hope a new year will bring something good for them to help them get back on track, but as most predict - I don't think the motorcycle business is going to recover in 2010 at all...  Lips Sealed

Anthony Creek
DarkStaR

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2009, 03:14:13 PM »

Wink  Tongue  cheeky

Career Opportunities

We are now accepting applications for the following position:

Machinist/Programmer

Fast growing company with lots of opportunity seeking an intelligent multi-taskable programmer, machinist, and set-up person. This person will follow product development through all stages; from prototyping to developing robust manufacturing process. Fanuc and Haas controls for multi axis lathes and mills.
Must be able to generate good programs with NO hand-editing.

Experience with current version of Mastercam mill and lathe, Solidworks helpful. Must be self-motivated, a hard worker, and enjoy a liberal and dynamic work environment. The perfect candidate for this position would be someone with a passion for both motorcycles and manufacturing.
Salary DOE. Full time days.

Please send your resume or questions to info@houserworksllc.com

desmoworks

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »

Here you go - a shot of the machine room  waytogo

Anthony Creek
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 02:04:46 AM »

.....I am only speculating, but I think it is a simple cash flow issue. My guess is that when the cash flow slowed they didn't have the money to purchase enough raw materials which starts a chain of events that ends with MAJOR delays in production and even more cash flow issues as products are getting finished and paid for. Again, that is speculation on my part, but it is all I can figure out that makes sense as I know they are capable of producing enough parts to meet the demand - they did it in the past.
Yup.  I also think this is the most likely reason for their production/supply issues.

...I hope they figure it out and get back on track as I like the products and the people at SpeedyMoto.....
+1

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »

Why is it that speedymoto is perpetually out of stock on virtually everything monster related?  I've even contacted them about future availability of their top triple and clip-ons only to get a response a week later with "a few weeks out".  I replied asking to please let me know when they come available and, going on 6 months now, still nothing.
WTF Huh???
Here am I joining in the "speedymoto-are-a-slow-bunch-of-@!#$#" chorus and yet when I actually checked SM's website... they're showing both clear ano and black ano monster top triples as IN STOCK!  Only stopintime's Ti-Grey (why cant you Americans spell  Wink) top triple is on the gone missing until further notice manifest.......  >> http://www.speedymoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=MTC

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »

I emailed Christian and asked him "what's up".

Obviously 2009 was a tough year and they had to adjust their operation. You know, keep it lean plus holding new parts projects off for a while.

He sounded optimistic about their situation, but my guess is that it will take time to recover and get back. Much like the rest of the world economy. As ungeheuer found out, some parts are back in stock, that's a good first sign waytogo

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: