Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 07:29:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: late model silencer on s4 ????  (Read 1697 times)
aussie

« on: January 03, 2010, 02:12:07 AM »

I just bought an 01 monster s4 yesterday and wondered whether anyone has tried to put a silencer from a late model monster onto an old one as a hi rise mount, I quite like the the look of the later model termi silencer, pics and advice would be great. Also any feedback on which lightened flywheel weight to get would be helpful too, and how the performance is with it on, so many questions !!!!!
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »

Late model like an S*R monster or 696/1100 era?  Either way it's possible but it's going to cost an un reasonible amount due to custom fabrication work. There's plenty of high mount options for your or any double sided swingarm monsters that are bolt ups.

As far as the flywheels most folks like the Nichols one. But being in Austrailia you might check with VeeTwo.  They make nice ducati parts and you wont suffer international shipping fees and exchange rates

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 04:12:44 PM »

do believe veetwo is soon to part ways with the perf. duc parts.

aussie

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 01:48:27 AM »

thanks guys appreciate the feedback, there is plenty I want to do to it, but just want to get it right the first time, gearing pipes and an air filter are definitely first then we will see from there.
The Don

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »

Late model like an S*R monster or 696/1100 era?  Either way it's possible but it's going to cost an un reasonible amount due to custom fabrication work. There's plenty of high mount options for your or any double sided swingarm monsters that are bolt ups.

As far as the flywheels most folks like the Nichols one. But being in Austrailia you might check with VeeTwo.  They make nice ducati parts and you wont suffer international shipping fees and exchange rates
Its still cheaper to buy parts from the US and have them shipped here.
Don

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
aussie

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 01:23:37 AM »

I definetly will be getting all of my stuff from the states, in australia it is a rip off, I bought all of my stuff for jeep jk wrangler 4 door like bumpers and mods etc etc and saved thousands. Australia is a smal market and I think distributors over feel they can charge alot more. Any recommendations for a one stop online shop for accessories, engine and otherwise. thanks
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59:07 AM »

Well VeeTwo is an Aussie company and the sell direct. Can't hurt to look em up.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: