Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:25:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mods Celli's bike  (Read 6352 times)
flanman

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »

Celli I dont think I would ever get tired of your endless mods  Grin very inspiring I am going to start on a project to make something simmilar to your "humpback" cowl thats on your website. Great work!

johnster

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 07:27:17 PM »

God........What a nasty, mean, "I want to start a fight w/your bike" look..... Evil

-I say this in the most endearing of terms....... Grin   LOVE IT!!!!

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 12:49:05 PM »

God........What a nasty, mean, "I want to start a fight w/your bike" look..... Evil

-I say this in the most endearing of terms....... Grin   LOVE IT!!!!

Johnster, thanks!!!!

Ducati Codatronca: Concerto Molto Vivante!
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 12:51:30 PM »

Celli I dont think I would ever get tired of your endless mods  Grin very inspiring I am going to start on a project to make something simmilar to your "humpback" cowl thats on your website. Great work!

Thanks, Flanman. If you want to know how I made the 'Hunchback', just let me know.

vampireduc

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »

i have a 900ss that is in pieces right now.  Yes!! tell me how you did the 'hunchback' I'm thinking of doing it to the SS.  I'm just to scared right now to get out the gear to hack the tail frame down.

Of the good in you I can speak but not of evil.  For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst.

'97 M750...sold
'99 900ss...project, waiting on parts to finish the rebuild (sold)
'99 750ss...parts for the 900ss (sold)
'97 M750...again!
flanman

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 03:32:57 PM »

i have a 900ss that is in pieces right now.  Yes!! tell me how you did the 'hunchback' I'm thinking of doing it to the SS.  I'm just to scared right now to get out the gear to hack the tail frame down.

The "hunchback" not humpback as I said lol isn't on his bike anymore its a cafe racer style cowl. And Celli I would love to know how you created it (it involves a pair of old leather pants i think you said before  Grin) Just what was the process for constructing the actual hump and materials would be great. Thanks ahead of time!

vampireduc

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Forgive me for my ignorance!!! I thought it was the solo-seat.  I'm new at this whole thing.

Tim

Of the good in you I can speak but not of evil.  For what is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst.

'97 M750...sold
'99 900ss...project, waiting on parts to finish the rebuild (sold)
'99 750ss...parts for the 900ss (sold)
'97 M750...again!
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 02:43:48 PM »

Nice bike, and a great look to boot...

BUT....
Here are my opinions:

Loose the zip-ties on the frame
Hyper-motard oil cooler line
re-route to a longer starter cable and put it around the alternator side
BST sticker?!?  Are they paying you for advertising?
How many colors are you adding to this thing?!?  It's starting to look way too busy w/regards to the colors on it.

PLEASE..... don't get me wrong.  I really love the whole I'm 100-kinds-of-bad-ass attitude that you've got going on...the above are just my critiques.  Take them for what they're worth...

--Stu

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 09:01:01 PM »

Hey flanman, the 'hunchback' I made from a carbon frontfender. Sanded the bottomside in such a way that, in the end, it fitted seamlessly and specialglued the hunchback on the carbon seatcoil carefully. The cushion was made of an old leatherpants indeed. Make it from solid foam and wrapp the leather neatly around it. Mine was partly a tiny smaller than the frontopening in the hunchback, so I could push that part into the hunchback. The fit was beautiful.

Vampireduc. About hacking the frame down.... Think twice. It took me two years (The thought started with my former Monster) and a lot of uncertaincy before I dared to do it. It came out right for me, just because I liked it. When you see it that way, I was lucky. And I'm happy that I still love it.
The seat is custommade. Took me a while, because I neverever made something like that before. It still looks new.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:31:03 AM by Celli » Logged

Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »

Nice bike, and a great look to boot...

BUT....
Here are my opinions:

Loose the zip-ties on the frame
Hyper-motard oil cooler line
re-route to a longer starter cable and put it around the alternator side
BST sticker?!?  Are they paying you for advertising?
How many colors are you adding to this thing?!?  It's starting to look way too busy w/regards to the colors on it.

PLEASE..... don't get me wrong.  I really love the whole I'm 100-kinds-of-bad-ass attitude that you've got going on...the above are just my critiques.  Take them for what they're worth...

--Stu

Hey Stu, thanks for your compliments!
You are concerning to me, one of those big experts, making all those incredible Monsters and winning all those prizes! Thank you for your opinions.
I still love my 'zip-ties'. Those are very well handmade small leather belts with buckles. I will think about that, though. It could give the bike a cleaner look. The Hyper-motard oilcooler line, I like a lot. Re-routing startercable to the alternator side I think is a great idea! Thanks! Will think about that too.
The stickers I put on lately won't last long anyway. I did this before and they always stayed on just for a short time. About the colours. I like it this way. I know its personal. But I like it a lot. 
I appreciate your critiques. You know that. So, again I thank you for this and for the new thougths to think about!!

Marcel
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:34:55 AM by Celli » Logged

Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 07:33:14 AM »

Hey Stu, thanks for your compliments!
You are concerning to me, one of those big experts, making all those incredible Monsters and winning all those prizes! Thank you for your opinions.
I still love my 'zip-ties'. Those are very well handmade small leather belts with buckles. I will think about that, though. It could give the bike a cleaner look. The Hyper-motard oilcooler line, I like a lot. Re-routing startercable to the alternator side I think is a great idea! Thanks! Will think about that too.
The stickers I put on lately won't last long anyway. I did this before and they always stayed on just for a short time. About the colours. I like it this way. I know its personal. But I like it a lot. 
I appreciate your critiques. You know that. So, again I thank you for this and for the new thougths to think about!!

Marcel

In the end Marcel...  If it makes you happy that is ALL that matters.  Enjoy your creation, and ride safe!  --Stu

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Celli

Ducati Codatronca

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »

In the end Marcel...  If it makes you happy that is ALL that matters.  Enjoy your creation, and ride safe!  --Stu

Thanks, Stu.

Marcel

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: