Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 07:23:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1156712 times)
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #2535 on: December 27, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2536 on: December 27, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

That's an odd mix of parts.

Any more pics?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2537 on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »

Any more pics?

There are several way back in this thread.  Wink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
brad black

« Reply #2538 on: December 28, 2012, 03:23:59 AM »

moto you bastard i just found your website.  now i'm screwed.

i have been thinking all afternoon "i don't think i'd want a full fairing one" and so i found this http://www.motomotivo.com/1a.jpg
although now i'm swaying back towards full again.  no idea why

and the questions begin.

does that front fairing (and the full fairing) go straight onto the std ss headlight subframe?

does the endurance seat go straight onto the std ss rear frame?  i can see there's one little mount for the original side covers under the top rail that you've removed, but i'm kind of keen to keep mine as returnable to std as possible.  so i'd have to hide that.

and the inevitable (sigh) how much?

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
Moto Motivo

If You Can't Buy It, Build It.

« Reply #2539 on: December 28, 2012, 06:28:31 AM »

Brad, thanks for the reply.  Please contact me trough my site and I'll gladly answer all your questions, that way we can keep this thread uncluttered.

Perfect Functional Two Wheel Art
      www.motomotivo.com
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2540 on: December 28, 2012, 07:29:56 AM »

Moto Motivo: I just found your site as well.  Nice work!  Really remarkable seeing the transformations page.  An aside: did you consider putting a link to your page in your forum signature?  I had to search to find the website.  In any case, keep up the good work! chug

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #2541 on: December 28, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »

Hot links in sig lines are reserved for paying sponsors.

8.  Members shall not promote their business or other forums in fashion that can be considered SPAM. Postings of such material may be removed by the moderators and an explanation will generally be provided, but not required. Repeat offenses may lead to suspension and/or removal. Advertisers are exempt and may post specials and/or information about their business.  Hotlinks to other websites are not allowed in sig lines. That is reserved for sponsors. More detailed vendor Rules are here:  [insert link]

The globe under his user name will have to suffice for now.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #2542 on: December 28, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »

there's a guy in Adelaide who has a 100hp, 800cc 696.  94mm bore.  from him:

"thought you might be interested  in the performance of the new 800cc two valve - 696 motor ( Red bike). The white 696, own the state champ and set new bears lap record at Mac Park, unfortunately they cancel the Phillip Island round which we were going to take the 800 , we thought a 1m 48s would have be about the mark.
specification of the 800cc
bore 94mm
stroke 57.2mm
45mm inlet valves
39.5 mm ex
both titanium of our own spec
our new inlet manifold heads
new ecu
stock cams and timing
14:1 compression
lightened crank and Carrillo rods
55mm butterfly's"

"Head rework is fairly substantial on the 800cc with new inlet track at a steeper angle, oval 55mm throttle bodies (999r) and our titanium valves.
The whole lot would cost about $3500 per pair. We also make carbon airboxes to suit.

There is more development to go on the 696 motor which is doing a reliable 86 hp. and has more conventional head .

The standard 696 stud configuration is larger at 74mm x 94mm and the cases are alot stronger in this area than early models.
So we needed to find 6mm in diameter.   3mm radius, 1.5mm off  the internal of the cases and the same off the OD of the barrels which we also shortened to match the 696 stroke of 57.2mm.
Pistons are CP to our spec as the pin is lower than a 1000 ds, weight is the same as a stock 88mm and we also set them for 48mm inlet which we have  run on this motor as part of the development program. Currently running 45mm as that's all that was required with the improved port flow.
The rev limiter is a bit shy at 10250 rpm  we'll run 11200 rpm on the track, this is still well within piston speed and acceleration limits.
We have also developed a cam manufacturing process and have lift profiles in mind but the maths is killing me!!!!
Cams can be alot more like 4V motors as the heads breath so well , we don't need as much duration and could even have shorter lobe separation.
This is why I've stuck with the stock 696 cam, although with the new inlets additional lift would help. From flow testing of the standards and ported stock inlet it's obvious that lift is no real advantage as they flow so poorly over 9mm (see attached)."

i was going to put it on my blog with some dyno charts and photos, just haven't got to it.

Very impressive.
Sounds like head reconfigure work akin to MBP or BCM, but local (to me).

2015 Scrambler 800
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #2543 on: December 28, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

Hot links in sig lines are reserved for paying sponsors.

The globe under his user name will have to suffice for now.

Oops.  Sorry. Embarrassed

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #2544 on: December 29, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

...i thought the 1990 900ss with the big white stripe was just the best looking thing ever...

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #2545 on: December 29, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »

i love that layout..similar:

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2546 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41:35 PM »

Any more pics?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
supertjeduc

« Reply #2547 on: December 30, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »

Was on caferacers , rear fender is so ugly , rest i like
rozer

« Reply #2548 on: December 30, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »

Is it just me or does anyone else also find it annoying when a non-offroad bike is photographed on such a location?
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #2549 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else also find it annoying when a non-offroad bike is photographed on such a location?

It's just you.  Wink Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 359   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: