Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 12:29:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1156129 times)
1KDS

« Reply #3045 on: August 18, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »

I thought I saved the pictures from the ad but I can't find them now.  The bike was pretty rough and I looked into the resale market on them and it looked pretty weak, near flawless original bikes going for just a few grand.  It seems the pushrod motors are the least desirable from a collector standpoint but one guy speculated that since they are the least desirable at the moment many of them will be parted out and the survivors may end up bringing big money some day.

Every bike I've ever owned.
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #3046 on: August 18, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/QuUW4vE3cqjv-Erqu7ELxJtBwWUIIEUoCyC-GLv7uY4?feat=directlink

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3047 on: August 18, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »

Yup.  Some things are valuable just because they are old and oddballs.

The pushrod models are oddballs, for sure.  Not exciting bikes in their own right, but if you've got an old Ducati single that is running well and looks ok, you'll eventually make your money off it no matter what.

And yes, the people pulling them apart don't hurt the resale over time. 

I am hoping the scarcity of the parallel models eventually helps the value...lol

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
1KDS

« Reply #3048 on: August 19, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »

Damn, I thought I was certain I didn't want it, now you're making me rethink it and it's gone  Sad

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3049 on: August 19, 2013, 06:30:52 AM »

Damn, I thought I was certain I didn't want it, now you're making me rethink it and it's gone  Sad

Honestly, if it's your first vintage ducati, I'd say steer clear unless you have the patience of the gods.  Those old engines are true artisan engines -- all hand fitted and assembled.  Assembling one is a giant pain.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
1KDS

« Reply #3050 on: August 19, 2013, 09:41:05 AM »

I would like to get into a vintage duc, what model do you think would be better?

rozer

« Reply #3051 on: August 19, 2013, 01:18:55 PM »

rozer

« Reply #3052 on: August 19, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

Ducatamount

« Reply #3053 on: August 19, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »

Yours, Spike?

half fast
SpikeC

Spike in PDX

« Reply #3054 on: August 19, 2013, 02:25:15 PM »

Yup! *giggle-giggle*

Spike Cornelius
  PDX
   2009 M1100S Assorted blingy odds and ends(now gone)
2008 Bimota DB5R  woo-Hoo!
   1965 T100SC
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #3055 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »

Nice bike Spike!  Now get your traitor ass outta here.   Grin

If the only reason for selling the Duc was limited garage space you can stay..........   Smiley

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3056 on: August 19, 2013, 03:19:16 PM »

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3057 on: August 19, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »

I would like to get into a vintage duc, what model do you think would be better?

All of them are going to be headaches more or less, but the later bevels less so. 

Squarecase twins can be found for cheap enough in restorable condition.  The singles are less desirable, but parts sourcing is much harder.

A few years ago, a bunch of Swiss milsurp Condors came over, they were selling for around $3500.  Single springhead Ducati 350cc.  Perfect condition.   

I sold my Darmah SS for just under 10,000.  Fully original, running condition.  I saw restorable nonrunning ones in the 3000-4000 range.  Finding parts is $$$

The single might be your cheapest entry, but finding parts is going to be hard.

Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #3058 on: August 19, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

I have seen several of those condors up close and personal when I was playing with Swiss military Pinzgauers.  Kinda wanted one and could have snapped one up for $1,500.  Thankfully the owner who had bought several for resale told me about how darn difficult it was and that I should run away screaming.  He was gonna lose money on those bikes and knew it.  Luckily I was providing some help with the Red Bull Pinzgauer and he felt he should not screw me over.  For what it is worth he was notorious for screwing people over so I felt quite fortunate to have kept my money.

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Fergus

« Reply #3059 on: August 19, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »

Shouldn't this be in the "Celebrities on Ducatis" thread  Grin?

Laura Prepon from That 70s Show

Oh, that's a Guzzi...
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 359   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: