Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 01:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1154558 times)
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #3525 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

How do I get one of these in my garage?

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

lazylightnin717

we used to play for silver, now we play for life

« Reply #3526 on: January 16, 2014, 03:07:06 AM »

Like on a pre 1981 ducati?

I was born in '85 

Cheesy

Comes a time
When the blind man takes your hand
Says don't you see
Gotta' make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
caperix

« Reply #3527 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:32 AM »

Buy a Ducati Indiana and modify it
https://www.google.com/search?q=DUCATI+INDIANA&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FBnYUvvoN-fgsATSooKQBw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=596

It looks like it is mainly a new seat & tail section plus some overall cleaning up of the bike.  Never thought an Indiana could look that good.

More info on the bike here: http://www.ducati.net/2013/12/indyss-by-analog-motorcycles-ducati-indiana-custom/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:45:40 AM by caperix » Logged
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #3528 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43:52 AM »

Just a phone call.  Wink

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3529 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »

I know, right?

Something about it.. all wood..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3530 on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »

I was born in '85 

Cheesy

nothing to brag about...  Evil

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3531 on: January 16, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »

Buy a Ducati Indiana and modify it
https://www.google.com/search?q=DUCATI+INDIANA&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=FBnYUvvoN-fgsATSooKQBw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=596

It looks like it is mainly a new seat & tail section plus some overall cleaning up of the bike.  Never thought an Indiana could look that good.

More info on the bike here: http://www.ducati.net/2013/12/indyss-by-analog-motorcycles-ducati-indiana-custom/

All of the remaining Indianas are shuddering in fear now... lol

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3532 on: January 16, 2014, 10:24:53 AM »

I like the ignition key switch location and the crinkle paint on the engine..

Very surprised they kept the Bing carbs... bleh

One thought, the Indiana and the Elefant share the same frame, more or less. 

Curmudgeon

« Reply #3533 on: January 16, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »

I like the ignition key switch location and the crinkle paint on the engine..

Very surprised they kept the Bing carbs... bleh

One thought, the Indiana and the Elefant share the same frame, more or less. 
Not too many 36mm Dellortos with accelerator pumps kicking around probably.

Those look like the CV's found on /6 and /7 BMW's. "Same day" response for sure.  Wink Plenty of parts availability of course. Those HAD to be US EPA.

That frame is Paso-style construction..., but at least my 750 Limited had a fairing to hide it!  Grin

Hope they do a LOT better job with the Scrambler, although I'd have to hit the lottery to be in the market for one!

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3534 on: January 16, 2014, 11:00:07 AM »

Not too many 36mm Dellortos with accelerator pumps kicking around probably.

i've got about 4 sets in my garage just languishing.. they were standard on all the pantahs...

....or were you being snarky???   Grin

That frame is Paso-style construction..., but at least my 750 Limited had a fairing to hide it!  Grin

Hope they do a LOT better job with the Scrambler, although I'd have to hit the lottery to be in the market for one!

Cagiva used that box style 3-part frame on all their Varese bikes, except for the Paso, that was the only Cagiva/Ducati that was made with that frame in bologna.

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #3535 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »

In my simple opinion, this is the first bobber/café type Ducati I can recall that really pulls it off.

It just seems to be the height of irony that it took one of the ugliest Ducatis ever to do it.

laughingdp

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #3536 on: January 16, 2014, 11:04:01 AM »

Perhaps he was fishing, and now he's caught something!

Curmudgeon

« Reply #3537 on: January 16, 2014, 11:29:33 AM »

i've got about 4 sets in my garage just languishing.. they were standard on all the pantahs...

Snarky? Moi???  Grin

Had 40's on my R90S and 900SS, 38's on my Paso, and 36's on my SL. Always LOVED the way they fueled after getting jet kits from Reno Leoni and fitting conical K&N's. The SL needed the slides shaved a hair to cure a tiny midrange flatness because it was a whisker between jet sizes.

Have to wonder whether that kit bike with open pipes has any torque. Must be noisy as the blazes too. Can't be a very "sweet" sound. My SL with open reverse cone 2-into-1 wasn't TOO loud..., but sounded like a V6 Ferrari F1 WFO.  Roll Eyes

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3538 on: January 16, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »

Snarky? Moi???  Grin

Had 40's on my R90S and 900SS, 38's on my Paso, and 36's on my SL. Always LOVED the way they fueled after getting jet kits from Reno Leoni and fitting conical K&N's. The SL needed the slides shaved a hair to cure a tiny midrange flatness because it was a whisker between jet sizes.

Have to wonder whether that kit bike with open pipes has any torque. Must be noisy as the blazes too. Can't be a very "sweet" sound. My SL with open reverse cone 2-into-1 wasn't TOO loud..., but sounded like a V6 Ferrari F1 WFO.  Roll Eyes

I picked up a set of 38s while in Italy a while back, they went onto the Alazzurra and jetted nicely with the Conti 2:1 setup.  Very nice loud BLAT

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3539 on: January 16, 2014, 11:50:32 AM »

In my simple opinion, this is the first bobber/café type Ducati I can recall that really pulls it off.

It just seems to be the height of irony that it took one of the ugliest Ducatis ever to do it.

laughingdp

I agree on both points, but that's what it takes sometimes -- a desire to re-engineer everything because what you have sucks so badly..

Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 359   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: