Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 11:17:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1154391 times)
HotIce

« Reply #3555 on: January 21, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »

brought the mh into the studio for some fun today.

MH 900e by jd.catalano1, on Flickr
Gorgeous!  drool
ChrisK

« Reply #3556 on: January 23, 2014, 07:10:09 AM »

This thing has me confused. The latest Radical Ducati bike, even though I thought they had closed?  Huh? Maybe the last Radical Ducati bike.  bow down

Anyway, this article linked here: http://silodrome.com/radical-ducati-custom/ Says that it has a multistrada 1100 motor, and that they fitted Keihin FCR41's. Why go back to carbureted? Also, what swing arm would that be?

1998 M900
2007 CBR600RR Track Bike
1982 Virago 920 Cafe/Fighter Project
1980 Lambretta Moped
Supra Boats enthusiast

"There is no minimum."  - some guy.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3557 on: January 23, 2014, 07:47:31 AM »

This thing has me confused. The latest Radical Ducati bike, even though I thought they had closed?  Huh? Maybe the last Radical Ducati bike.  bow down

Anyway, this article linked here: http://silodrome.com/radical-ducati-custom/ Says that it has a multistrada 1100 motor, and that they fitted Keihin FCR41's. Why go back to carbureted? Also, what swing arm would that be?

People like carbs.  I can understand why, but EFI as a concept is far easier to maintain and tune.  The problem is the EFI systems on the various Ducatis have proven to be iffy.

Someone should make an aftermarket EFI system.  Gene Berg did it years ago for the old VWs, a TBI system.  Worked great.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
caperix

« Reply #3558 on: January 23, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »

Aftermarket EFI computers for the ducs are common, Nemisis & Microtech are some of the moter common systems.  I have heard of someone working on a megasquirt setup on an older bike.  I have not had any issues with the EFI on either of my ducs.  As for carbs over EFI, I know some prefer the more direct feel of a carb with an accelerator pump on acceleration.  As for the swingarm, it looks like a S2R swing arm, but could easily be a custom build, likley is due to the narow multistrada cases used.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3559 on: January 23, 2014, 08:21:10 AM »

Aftermarket EFI computers for the ducs are common, Nemisis & Microtech are some of the moter common systems.  I have heard of someone working on a megasquirt setup on an older bike.  I have not had any issues with the EFI on either of my ducs.  As for carbs over EFI, I know some prefer the more direct feel of a carb with an accelerator pump on acceleration.  As for the swingarm, it looks like a S2R swing arm, but could easily be a custom build, likley is due to the narow multistrada cases used.

I'm not talking about an aftermarket computer, I'm talking about an entire system.  Manifolds, injectors, etc.

If you really want to get me hard, make it a direct injection setup.  Modify the heads, new fuel pump, etc.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
yamifixer

« Reply #3560 on: January 23, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »

I love the look of that bike but my butt got hot just looking at it.

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #3561 on: January 23, 2014, 08:50:11 AM »

make it a direct injection setup

yes please :p I'd love to see an old m900 with DI... could jack up your cr, get some more juice in there and good mileage...
Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #3562 on: January 23, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »

This thing has me confused. The latest Radical Ducati bike, even though I thought they had closed?  Huh? Maybe the last Radical Ducati bike.  bow down

The article and the bike are about 4-5 years old.  It is one of my favorites from them. The beauty of their creations was that they could put frames, swingarms, and motors from different Ducati models together in a way that worked.  It is something that many tried, but for most people they ended up with a Frankenstein-looking bike.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:45:48 AM by Travman » Logged
DucDucGoos

« Reply #3563 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:08 AM »

The article and the bike are about 4-5 years old.  It is one of my favorites from them. The beauty of their creations was that they could put frames, swingarms, and motors from different Ducati models together in a way that worked.  It is something that many tried, but for most people they ended up with a Frankenstein-looking bike.

Radical Ducati did close, but they are going to continue doing projects under Arete Americana
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3564 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:37 PM »

The last build is safely locked up somewhere in Norway  Cool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #3565 on: January 24, 2014, 05:26:30 PM »

Also, what swing arm would that be?

It's an S*R swingarm

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #3566 on: January 27, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »

HotIce

« Reply #3567 on: January 28, 2014, 08:26:35 PM »

I think I fell in love  drool

caperix

« Reply #3568 on: January 29, 2014, 05:21:33 AM »

Overall that is a very nice looking bike. There is something about the 999/749 bikes with the body work off that just works.  You think they could find a place to relocate the battery & electronics though so they are not just hanging off the side of the engine.
Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #3569 on: January 29, 2014, 05:46:50 AM »

You think they could find a place to relocate the battery & electronics though so they are not just hanging off the side of the engine.

The only easy way is to convert to pod filters and stash it all under the tank. Alternative being to completely rewire the bike and build the seat and tail to hold them.

One hurts performance and the other is a HUGE pain in the butt :p

Since I know I wouldn't use all of a 999, I'd convert to pods and stash it under the tank... like I did with my Triumph :p I don't need 100hp... I just want the torque that comes with the displacement :p
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 359   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: