Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 11:15:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1154383 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3735 on: March 28, 2014, 08:26:13 AM »

This bike was at the local Guzzi/Aprilia dealer when I stopped by yesterday for some race parts. I couldn't believe it, as I've admired them for a long time, but never actually seen one in person.

It is a Moto Guzzi MGS-01. It is #13 out of only 60 ever made...and was bought by a local Guzzi fan from a dealer in Denmark. I believe they were made in the 2005-2006 timeframe.

One of the coolest bikes ever made IMO. Superb styling and superb simplicity. Not the fastest or the lightest, but one of the coolest. It is probably the #1 motorcycle on my want list...defintely top 3.

No side stand?  The rear stand is at an odd angle also don't you think?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #3736 on: March 28, 2014, 08:32:42 AM »

IIRC it was a track-only bike.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Triple J
« Reply #3737 on: March 28, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »

Track only, and the rear stand is fine...the back isn't square, but is V shaped so the point of the V is right behind the rear tire.
Ducatamount

« Reply #3738 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly about that Goose.

Yes, yes, yes. Count me in!
That MGS-01 is top of the list.
I cannot find one ugly thing about it.
 bacon bacon bacon

« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:21:29 PM by Ducatamount » Logged

half fast
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3739 on: March 28, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »

Track only, and the rear stand is fine...the back isn't square, but is V shaped so the point of the V is right behind the rear tire.

Roger that on the track only. No problemo.  The rear stand still looks off & I checked several images of this bike where it's on a rear stand. All of the rear stands look square to the swing arm except in the above picture.  "the point of the V is right behind the rear tire" ? ? ?   In front of the rear tire maybe?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3740 on: March 28, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Triple J
« Reply #3741 on: March 28, 2014, 04:24:10 PM »

Roger that on the track only. No problemo.  The rear stand still looks off & I checked several images of this bike where it's on a rear stand. All of the rear stands look square to the swing arm except in the above picture.  "the point of the V is right behind the rear tire" ? ? ?   In front of the rear tire maybe?

I don't know man, here's another shot of it inside the shop from their FB page. What I meant by the V comment is the back of the stand isn't straight...it has a bend in the middle. Who cares though...if it wasn't straight it would fall off since it uses spools.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3742 on: March 28, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3743 on: March 28, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »

Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #3744 on: March 31, 2014, 05:07:32 AM »

And checking laptimes would only require a calendar?

i read somewhere before "I knew the guzzi would be slow, but I didn't know it'd be THAT slow."

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
yamifixer

« Reply #3745 on: March 31, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »

I love this. alot

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #3746 on: March 31, 2014, 09:54:37 AM »

I love this. alot

We've got a local guy in NM who restores the Parillas.  I've seen a few, heard a few but have yet to put my butt in the seat on one... 

They're beautiful in person!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
yamifixer

« Reply #3747 on: March 31, 2014, 11:52:50 AM »

In my early (broke) married days I put $$ down on a nice but not perfect 175SS. When I told the misses she was less than pleased. I have regretted not buying it everytime i see one.

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #3748 on: April 01, 2014, 05:16:07 PM »

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #3749 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

^^  drool