Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 02:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 359   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miscellaneous Cool Italian Bikes  (Read 1153070 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4830 on: November 21, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

I dunno, the Mantra was so wrong it was right. Made sense when I saw a pic of a guy riding one wearing a Batman suit. Riding alongside him was a guy on an early M900 in a gorilla suit. It was in an issue of AMCN years ago.

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4831 on: November 21, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »

Still doesn't work.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4832 on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »

Seemed to with Batman aboard. Wink A mate has the copy stored away so I'll try and get a pic.

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4833 on: November 21, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »

Seemed to with Batman aboard. Wink A mate has the copy stored away so I'll try and get a pic.
Well...

without Batman aboard that squareish tank and the roundish tail...

still don't work. Grin

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4834 on: November 21, 2016, 06:00:07 PM »

Not your average Bimota

2015 Scrambler 800
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #4835 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »

Previous Owner: "Hmm, I wonder how the shop is getting on with tuning the flatslides on my Mantra."
PO: <Picks up phone> beep-borp-bleet-ping-borp-bleet-ping. Ring-Ring. Ring-Ring.

Sammy's Ducati Shop: "Hello, Sammy's Ducati Shop, how can I help you?"
PO: "Yeah, hey, I was wondering how you guys are doing on my Mantra."

SDS: "Oh, uh, yeah. We were going to call you."
PO: "Cool! How's it going?"

SDS: "Erm, yah, well damn ..... the tech was taking the tank off for the 12th time.....  and.....         "
PO: " And? "

SDS: "Mmm, how can I put this..... Shit, he just lost it. He started screaming like a crazed baboon."
SDS: "He ran out through the front door with all the bodywork, and just dropped it in the middle of the road."
PO: " OH NO!"

SDS: "Rrrr, yeah, it was really crazy. Then he set it all on fire."
PO: " SHIT! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET? ! ?"

SDS: "Unfortunately, yeah. Then he just ran off, yelling how he was going to get even with those mothermake the beast with two backsers."
PO: " IT ALL JUST BURNED UP? "

SDS: "Yeah, it did. Man it was a big fire, the tank was near full I guess. Our fire extinguishers did make the beast with two backsall."
SDS: "The shipping clerk did his best, as he got there first, but he couldn't save it. He looks really weird now with his hair and eyebrows burned off."
SDS: "The hospital says he'll be OK, that's good, but now the Fire Marshall is here, and man he's really pissed."
SDS: " And we've not seen the tech since, we called his wife, she's filing a missing person's report right now. "

PO: " WHAT ABOUT MY BIKE? ! ? ! "

SDS: " Oh, well, the rest of the bike is OK. "
SDS: " Come and pick it up, our insurance agent says we can't touch it now. I'll give you his number. "
SDS: " Ah make the beast with two backs, sorry, I've got to go now, the cops are here and they're almost as pissed as the Fire Marshall. "
         <click....brrrrrrrrrrrrr>
PO: " But....Wait....WHAT? oh make the beast with two backs! "

(The above story can be confirmed as very likely true by anyone who's done the slightest bit of work on a Mantra, or even any Bimota)

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #4836 on: November 21, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »

laughingdp

DB1 would have been a pita to work on too I reckon.

2015 Scrambler 800
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #4837 on: November 21, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »

Strange thing about that story is it is believable.  Forgot about the Mantra.  Thanks for reminding me Kopf Tongue
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4838 on: November 21, 2016, 06:27:33 PM »

Ask Eric what he thinks about Bimota's. Evil

perspective

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4839 on: November 21, 2016, 08:24:33 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4840 on: November 21, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4841 on: November 22, 2016, 04:52:46 AM »

Rather nice treatment of a Sport Nuovo.  They kept the 16" wheels

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4842 on: November 22, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4843 on: November 22, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #4844 on: November 22, 2016, 06:54:15 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 359   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: