Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:58:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corbin sans logo?  (Read 3065 times)
wengr

« on: May 29, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

Hello, I see Corbin offers a tri colored logo for Italian applications but, can you get a seat with no logo? has anyone asked or done this? I have asked Corbin with no response. don't like so many damn logos all over the bike. tia
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »

you definitely can. its just an extra tag they sew on it. Hell you could just rip it off yourself.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Ducatiloo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:28:55 PM »

Hello, I see Corbin offers a tri colored logo for Italian applications but, can you get a seat with no logo? has anyone asked or done this? I have asked Corbin with no response. don't like so many damn logos all over the bike. tia

Yep on the order page you have the option of flag or no flag.

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
WFO58

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:12:51 PM »

You can order it without the flag. Mine has an embroidered logo on the right as well. I am sure they would leave it off if you wanted. Corbin has a bad rap for customer service, but I have had no problems. In fact, I liked it so much, I got one for my GSXR as well.  A Corbin service rep used to frequent DML, but I dont remember his name.

Ride safe

999 R Xerox, S4RS, KTM 950 SM, GSXR 750, Harley soft tail custom, Honda 750F, Bultaco Astro, Bultaco Pursang, RM 125, Elsinore 125, SL 70, Mini trail, Bonanza minibike.
wengr

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:14 PM »

thanks for the replies. the flag I want, it's the embroidered logo that i would like to skip. guess I'll have to call them.
Wanwo

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:57:41 AM »

I enquired about no logo and they said the 'Corbin' must go on there but they can do it in black stitching so you'd barely see it.

Sad story was: I waited 8 weeks for it to be done. Seat came and when I opened it up it had the regular logo on there. Said no thx.

Now I got a DP Gel. cheeky
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 06:14:01 AM »

I enquired about no logo and they said the 'Corbin' must go on there but they can do it in black stitching so you'd barely see it.
Sad story was: I waited 8 weeks for it to be done. Seat came and when I opened it up it had the regular logo on there. Said no thx.
Now I got a DP Gel. cheeky

Ya coulda used a permanent marker on it to black it out. Oh well, the DP seat is killer too! Though I wish they would have run the gel insert farther forward. Sitting on that seam/edge where I am comfy ergo-wise is not so comfy seat-wise. Oh well, tradeoffs....

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Wanwo

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »

Ya coulda used a permanent marker on it to black it out.

I guess. Might of looked a bit .. meh. They also put the Italian flag on it but I ordered no flag. I was kind of bummed and lost my patience with the whole thing. I didn't like having to go through their dealer who I felt didn't have a lot of integrity. He was very quick to say it was all Corbin's fault, not his.

Contrast with the DP purchase - a few mouse clicks on the Monsterparts site and the seat is shortly delivered to my door. waytogo
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »

Has anyone toyed with the idea of completely customizing their seat themselves? one of the main things i dont like about the stock seat is

1. it slides you foward
2. no space for youur nuts
3.the back support is to far back.

So what i want to do is cut the area where your bottom sits so it sinks in a bit more, aka more level, aka no more sliding foward. throw some more padding around the inner theigh and dig out the crotch a bit. and also make the backsupport closer, and make it a 90 degree transition rather than gradual rise if you know what i mean. I do a lot of stop and go riding.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 02:43:46 PM »

Has anyone toyed with the idea of completely customizing their seat themselves?

http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=2513.0

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »

applause Good Post  applause

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
scott_araujo

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

You can basically do anything you want to the Corbin seat.  Different vinyls, leathers, custom sculpting, piping in any color or no piping at all.  It may take longer and they are not known for their punctuality in any case.  Call and ask.  I can understand that they insist on having their logo on there.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: