Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 03:33:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Silly Season  (Read 154370 times)
Frustration
Insignificant Other

pezcyclingnews.com

« Reply #915 on: February 01, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

they weren't the only ones using bridgestones, but they were the only championship-capable team on 'em.

in those years, the tires were indeed built specifically for the bikes, not the other way around like it is now with the control tire.

Go past it and "Bikes might only mean one or at most two guys directing the tire compounds...  Micheline had a huge location advantage and had the ability to build to spec for a couple folks right up to race week end.  Bridgestone could build to the bike too but it wasnt as deep a pool that they could fill...

This year will be fun, but the year I really want to see is year 2 of the new 900...

That bike will be built ground up by lead rider and mechanic, (year one could be won by an BIG engine advantage by a factory)  That's when we will learn if Lorenzo is all that and a  bag of chips when he doesnt get to just ride Rossi and Burgess pony...

"I try to control baaat sometimes fast josta appen enyway"... VR46
gm2

« Reply #916 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

uh huh...

kawasaki was running 'em, too... i just remembered.  Grin

so... all the ducatis, kawasaki, suzuki, and at least one of the honda teams... ~10 bikes?

gresini.  i remember being surprised that there was actually an "elias front".

we've discussed it before but 2007 was the magical moment when bridgestone's slow-and-steady development over the previous several years culminated perfectly with the complete a$$fcuk to michelin that was the new 'set your tire allotment on THURSDAY' rule.  what a total disaster that was for them.

Like this is the racing, no?
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #917 on: February 02, 2011, 05:31:20 AM »

but the year I really want to see is year 2 of the new 900...

That bike will be built ground up by lead rider and mechanic, (year one could be won by an BIG engine advantage by a factory)  That's when we will learn if Lorenzo is all that and a  bag of chips when he doesnt get to just ride Rossi and Burgess pony...

I speculate that the Texas crewside of the garage will be a damned site better in getting that project squared up than the Yor-Ghey side....but I base that only in the idea of what they had to do and did to make that Zuke be what it was in AMA and what they did to make the Yammy ( which was supposedly so unmanagable) achieve in WSBK...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
gm2

« Reply #918 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »

I speculate that the Texas crewside of the garage will be a damned site better in getting that project squared up than the Yor-Ghey side....but I base that only in the idea of what they had to do and did to make that Zuke be what it was in AMA

the yoshimura suzuki was by far the most developed bike in the AMA paddock long before ben or house got there.  there was some australian guy winning on it.

and what they did to make the Yammy ( which was supposedly so unmanagable) achieve in WSBK...

the day after the final WSBK race of 2008 ben got on nori's R1, changed nothing, and went faster than nori had the day before.  the bike was not the issue.

true they had a couple mechanical issues with the '09 bike that got straightened out once Woody got there, but ben was also on pole for the first race of the year (and most of the other races).  the bike worked...

derby

« Reply #919 on: February 02, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

the yoshimura suzuki was by far the most developed bike in the AMA paddock long before ben or house got there.  there was some australian guy winning on it.

yup... "mladin's" yosh crew were, at one point, the only suzuki team in the world that was having any success with the bike and the other factory teams (worldsbk, etc) were calling them for setup notes.

true they had a couple mechanical issues with the '09 bike that got straightened out once Woody got there, but ben was also on pole for the first race of the year (and most of the other races).  the bike worked...

...also won round 1 race 2.  Grin

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
gm2

« Reply #920 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »

...also won round 1 race 2.  Grin

which was WAAAYY before Assen.    Grin cheeky

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #921 on: February 02, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »

which was WAAAYY before Assen.    Grin cheeky

cheeky
Ppppbbbtttthhhhh

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #922 on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:47 PM »

I'm guessing this means that Rapp has offically lost his 848 ride in DSB? Don't remember seeing a bit about him having a #2 bike with Latus Racing??? So I guess it's just one 848 with nothing for Rapp? Too bad.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/road-racing/2011/02/16/rapp-for-vance-hines-xr1200-series

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #923 on: February 16, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »

Be the first on your block.... to pay extra for a few stickers on the windscreen and tail cover.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2011/February/Stoner_Blade.htm    drool

Notice the brightly smiling eyes inside the helmet  laughingdp
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:13:57 PM by OT » Logged
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #924 on: February 16, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »

Be the first on your block.... to pay extra for a few stickers on the windscreen and tail cover.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2011/February/Stoner_Blade.htm    drool

Notice the brightly smiling eyes inside the helmet  laughingdp
Pretty sure he's smiling...

on the way to the bank. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Scotzman
Now that's thinking with your

« Reply #925 on: February 16, 2011, 11:03:52 PM »

I'm guessing this means that Rapp has offically lost his 848 ride in DSB? Don't remember seeing a bit about him having a #2 bike with Latus Racing??? So I guess it's just one 848 with nothing for Rapp? Too bad.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/road-racing/2011/02/16/rapp-for-vance-hines-xr1200-series

That sucks. He's an awesome rider-of sport bikes.

"Get your haggis right here. Chopped heart and lungs boiled in a wee sheep's stomach.
Tastes as good as it sounds. Good for what ales you."
gm2

« Reply #926 on: February 17, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »

I'm kinda thinking that Casey's gone after he drops the bike a few times and this contract is thru.......this is the same kid that accused then employer HRC of sabotage

his employer in 2006 was Lucio Cecchinello.  and he accused Ohlins of sabotage, not HRC.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: