Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 06:05:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What gear do you ride in?  (Read 3776 times)
roxy696

« on: January 21, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »

Hi, I was going to reply to an old post about gear but it suggeted to start a new post as the other had not had a response for over 120 days.  Anyway I am 5'2 have a size 10 top/waist with a 12 - 14 butt and thighs (arms a bit chubby) So getting gear that fits is always a bit tricky and in TAS the choice for trying stuff on is limited (the north is MUCH better than the south but do not always want to travel a few hours just to try gear on! the south well they like to charge you freight ooops sorry having a winge there)  So I was rather excited the other day to be told that one of the shops was getting in some Shift redline pants (in more than one size) that may suit me and well I actually fitted into the size 32!! So now I am almost completely re-kitted still to get a new pair of gloves my current ones are pretty good though.  So my shoei helmet is comfy i have the shift siren jacket in white(not the best choice of colour, have to clean it after every ride).  I have had a zip put in to the jacket - i had to attach the zip to the one in the pants as could not use the one with the pants on the jacket, black shift redline pants and my squeeky sidi lei ladies (still have not cured the squeek).  Oh also got given a back protector, so now all though i always take my riding seriously as i want to ride for a long time yet wearing full leather and a back protector made it seem more serious(not sure how that works)

Anyway hope that if anyone else is trying to find some gear this helps a bit also interested to know what others think about back protectors as i was a bit shocked about the bit of foam that i removed from my jacket that was my current protection.
JBubble
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »

I'm your height, a size 2-4 on top and a 4-6 on bottom. I found it difficult to find jackets that fit right and didn't ride up while on the bike. I don't know about you all, but having a draft up the back of my jacket is not comfortable. Finding pants was hard to since I have short stubby legs.

Eventually I went with a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants (with the legs folded up about 4 inches), and a Tourmaster 3/4 length jacket. The jacket fits amazing and I like the way the pants fit. I'll be getting another pair of pants soon, maybe Tourmasters.

I also have a leather Dianese two piece suit that was gifted to me. Its gonna take some custom work to get it to fit (again cause of the leg length) but otherwise it fits great.

To me, its like trying to find a pair of jeans that fit right. Some will be the right length, some will fit great in the thighs and butt, some will blessedly not have any gap at the waist, but rarely do you find something that fits perfectly without alteration.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 02:25:45 AM »

Aerostich makes lots of custom sizes and does alteration on their suits!

just sayin....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:18:22 PM »

If it helps anyone here's my not so complete list of custom leathers shops/fitters
http://delicious.com/yuushin/Leathers

As far as back protectors - you might get more response in the larger 'gear' section when asking a more general question - one that's not female specific.
In general when it comes to armour - I really like the 'Forcefield' line from T-pro. It's top notch quality stuff and always rates top or very close to it on energy absorption tests.

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/motorcycle-armor/forcefield/

They offer ladies sizes in both their L1 and heavier L2 back protectors. These are the flavor worn a bit like a back pack. The L1 is referred to as 'sport lite' and the L2 'Pro'. I have an L2, and a level 1 jacket insert. The L2, predictably, is about twice as thick - also the L2 is longer, coming down the the coccyx. Looks like the chassis of the L1 does too, but the hex sort of armour stops higher up.

Besides is brute ability to take a hit, the forcefield stuff is pretty comfortable. It's all flexible, so it conforms to the bend of your back better than once of the stiff plastic segment protectors.

if you're looking for jacket inserts, they make three shapes. Each shape comes in level 1 or level 2. FWIW, shape 3, the most rectangular, fits Dainese jackets Bubs

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 08:29:15 AM »

I almost exclusively wear Fieldsheer.  They have women's sizes for us bigger gals (up to a 20), the stuff fits me right, and I think the quality is good.  I probably have 5 jackets, 2 pants and a two piece leather suit.....I like it all.

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
DucaChic

09 Monster 696

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »

I have the Ducati IOM Ladies Jacket (w/o back protector) which fits me very well. Underneath I typically have a Coolmax Jersey. For pants I really love my REV'IT Marryl Leathers. They fit exceptionally well, are very comfortable and coordinate well with my Ducati Jacket. I also have the REV'IT Fighter H2O Boots and Touring Socks. The socks really provide for added comfort. For gloves I have the leather Ducati Monster gloves.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:18:22 PM by DucaChic » Logged

Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:57:57 PM »

I usually wear my custom Vanson leather jacket which I love. They do a beautiful job of fitting and any color you would like. I'm still having a hard time getting some pants that I like but am looking at Rev'it.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »

Helmet: Shoei RF1000 Diabolic (plus an old Arai from the UK)
Gloves: Rev'It Ultra H2O
Textile Jacket: Rev'It Angel
Textile Pants: Dainese Hooper S.F. D-Dry Ladies Pants (modded with dirtbike kid-size knee/shin armor)
Leather Suit: Dainese 2-Piece Ladies
Boots: Dainese (waterproof)
Back Protector: Dainese Wave insert
Underneath: REI lightweight long underwear under the leathers, regular clothes under the textiles with a Gerbings heated jacket liner in cold weather
Earplugs: Custom earplugs from Big Ears
Accessories: Mobile Edge Premium backpack, Cortech Sport Tail bag on the Duc or saddlebags on the BMW

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Stella

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »

Long and mentally exhausting couple of weeks and days.  Today being no different. 
Eyes are super tired....opened up the women's forum....saw this subject heading and
was quite puzzled why it would even be a question.  Thinking to myself that I ride in
ALL of my gear(s).  All 6 of them!

laughingdp

Ok.  G'nite ladies!  Ride safely in all your gear in all your gears!   [moto]

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
roxy696

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

Long and mentally exhausting couple of weeks and days.  Today being no different. 
Eyes are super tired....opened up the women's forum....saw this subject heading and
was quite puzzled why it would even be a question.  Thinking to myself that I ride in

laughingdp

Like that laughingdp laughingdp, i too like to use all 6 gears thanks for the info, it looks like there are a lot more choices out there to what i have found waytogo
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 03:47:26 PM »

laughingdp

That s so funny 'cause i thought the same thing when I first read it!
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »

gears 1 thru 4 at 8500 rpm everywhere.

clothing wise.......always as much leather as possible and an Arai on the turnip.

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:20 PM »

I like to take our twisty downhill in neutral, decreasing radii and all.  At least on the Duc.  The XCountry has too much rolling resistance, I can go much faster on my bicycle.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
lauramonster
pissin' on this thread with your

Ride it like you stole it.........

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 01:02:50 PM »

another Rev-It fan here.

- Fits well (so that the armor stays in place in the event of a crash)
 - In reading the propaganda and looking at the armor, I felt the Rev-It armor was superior in crash absorbency.
 - Seams were double stiched so they didn't fray
 - everything was cleanly detailed so that when riding, there were no edges sticking out to catch ( or chaffe).
 - Rev-It was the only suit last year that was light colored.  black is too warm in 90+ degrees.
 - once it met the above criteria, my vanity won over and I like that I look like a female on the bike!!

Only negative - the gloves are too tight for my fat fingers - and damn that great quality that won't let them stretch further!

from the precision line, women's silica

Frickin' snow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: