Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ducati Store in Minneapolis  (Read 14098 times)
daftduc

Don't look at this

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »

This sounds like it'll be a cool joint.  I don't see how Ducati (or a business person if it's an independent dealership) sees this as a good time, in our current economy, to market their bikes here though.  Glad that they are though!

Don't look at this.
Roy

M696

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »

Any new update's on the Ducati Minneapolis store opening...have they opened yet?
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »

Found this in the local press (Twin Cities Business Journal) on Friday, March 5:

The Twin Cities’ first Ducati-only motorcycle dealership will open in Uptown this spring.

Ducati Minneapolis will occupy a 5,000-square-foot space at 2800 S. Lyndale Ave. in Minneapolis. The store will include a showfloor with room for about 20 motorcycles, a service department and space for retail products such as clothing, parts and accessories.

The dealership is expected to open in late March or early April.

Italian manufacturer Ducati Motor Holding makes a wide range of motorcycles, but is best known for its high-performance models. The manufacturer’s suggested retail prices range from about $9,000 up to $25,000.

“Ducatis have an image that is closer to Ferrari than to Chevrolet,” said Ducati Minneapolis co-owner Tim Parker, who previously worked in the publishing industry, where he focused on car and motorcycle books. “There’s a certain amount of exclusivity and desirability that only Ducati can fulfill. It’s exotic, high-performance fun.”

Parker’s business partners are Fred Snyder and Merrill Ferguson. Snyder owns Silverback Performance, a motorcycle repair shop that specializes in Ducatis. The shop will close its St. Paul location, relocating to the Ducati Minneapolis store.

Ducati Minneapolis will join Delano Sports Center Inc. in Delano and Motoprimo in Lakeville as the only Minnesota motorcycle dealers with Ducati franchises.

Delano Sports Center sold between 40 and 45 Ducati motorcycles in 2009 and expects to sell roughly that many again this year, Sales Manager Tim Schulz said.

“Ducati has been on the rise for us the past couple of years, slowly increasing,” he said. “I think they’re starting to get to be a little more well known in this area.”

Ducati sells more than 10,000 motorcycles per year in the United States.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:15:02 AM by bluemoco » Logged

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
daftduc

Don't look at this

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »

That's pretty cool stuff.  Silverback's moving to the new place... gotta like that.

Don't look at this.
alligator

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 10:57:23 AM »

I'll certainly visit.  Delano is way, way too far for me.  Same thing with Moto Primo.
Sgt_H

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 04:38:56 AM »

Anyone know if Silverback is still open?  I need to make a stop.  Gotta say it was nice having a shop on the Eastside.  Gets old going to Mpls for everything.

Sgt_H
Banned
alligator

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 12:25:07 PM »

Where in Minneapolis are you currently going?
Monstergirl

http://www.mnducati.com

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »

Thats a pretty big space if its gonna be both upstairs and downstairs.  And its only blocks away from the worst pet store on earth, so Mo can stop for cat squeekems on his way home from "hanging out" cheeky bacon

Smitten Kitten  : P

DOC President and ex-DML Moderator
monstergirl@mnducati.com

MNDucati is on Facebook and Twitter

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100001474893824&ref=ts
twitter: http://twitter.com/MNDucati
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 10:15:19 AM »

Anyone know if Silverback is still open?  I need to make a stop.  Gotta say it was nice having a shop on the Eastside.  Gets old going to Mpls for everything.

yes I was there on saturday picking up my bike.  I think they will be there through the end of the month.  btw they make a brakeline kit for putting clipons on monsters and my brakes have never been better. bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
JoeChieftain

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »

Hope they put some info up on their new site soon - http://www.ducatiminneapolis.com/   
Roy

M696

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 10:44:49 AM »

Anyone been to the new store yet?  Are they even open?
Ducorse

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 01:21:59 PM »

I rode by there yesterday and there was a hyper sitting outside and there was an 848 inside the window. I tried to peak in and I saw what looked to be an espresso machine? and some chairs, but thats about it. couldnt tell if it was open, certainly didn't look like it was ready to be open.
Westy

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »

They are open..I got  a new back tire on the monster on Tuesday  [moto].  I was in and out in about 1 hour.  FYI...they are stacked with bikes needing service...so it looks like at least their service department is off and running.  The store was open and had a few few bikes on display.  I think that the store will be a work in progress for a while, but in the end it will be very nice.  Stop by there in a few weeks and it will probably look like a "proper" store. 

Westy
Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »

I just stopped by and they are kind of open.  Really nice people the service department is open. Sales and parts are kind of open. I asked if they were going to stock man bags and said they were planning a lot of urban ducati accessories, I guess that's a yes. I can't wait!

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
minnesotamonster

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 06:26:46 AM »

Man bags? Nevermind, I don't wanna know.

Anybody know the new shop hours? I need to bring my bike in before this weekends ride. How about the phone number over there?

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: