Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:24:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love the taste of frozen snot  (Read 4232 times)
aaronb

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 04:58:56 AM »

man what a day yesterday.  i couldn't make it, although i was all read to go.  my wife took my car to the grocery store first thing in the morning and had to walk home.  it appears that my brand new alternator shorted out and cooked some wires.  i had to make a few calls and we flat towed the car home.  sucks. 

glad everybody had fun.

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
vwboomer

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 05:43:04 AM »

I imagine he has to be reeaaal careful with throttle application on that Buell since there's nothin to keep his ass in the seat. And I'm pretty sure the point section could puncture something important  Shocked

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Bellagio
Leo Vince pipes give me a

Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Beautiful Corpse

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 10:24:07 AM »

Oh yeah, super careful.  He cracked it 1/6 throttle and the rear was fishtailing out of control.  It's got 114HP at the wheel.  It was originally built to be a track bike, but Buell crapped out so there goes free stuff.  It's getting "converted to a street bike" (aka - he put lights under the lower triple).  The seat still isn't finished, I think it's getting a 3/4" race foam treatment with a fiberglass buttstop.

Who all rode today/planning on riding to work for the week.  Glad I brought mine out, should be on her all week.

May your head gasket develop premature failure, your carb get gummed up, and your side stand fall short.
vwboomer

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 04:42:13 AM »

Took the VFR to work yesterday. I was tempted last week but getting out at 11 at night ya never know if any of that fresh meltwater might be slick. Pretty warm this week so no worries.

Have to take the truck today but the rest of the week looks like bike weather too.  This is the earliest I've ever been able to ride in - but not the earliest I've ridden.

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
WarrenJ

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »

This weather is great!  I plan on riding around Lake Poygan this afternoon.  Its just short of a 50 mile run - should be a good ride to start getting the winter rust off the riding skills.  Everyone be safe and watch out for gravel piles at intersections.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: