Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Girl gets 30 days for drunken-driving death of woman/mother/wife  (Read 7381 times)
SKOM

Upside Down Canuck

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

Why don't we just string her up and kill the pregnant dog! make the beast with two backs ya.  Evil

An eye for an eye policy only results in a world full of blind people.  Cool

"Die gefährlichste Weltanschauung ist die Weltanschauung derer, die die Welt nie angeschaut haben."
— Alexander Von Humboldt
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 02:58:08 PM »

and know what they have at high schools across the country around prom and graduation time?

a beat up, crashed, mutilated car. Its a display about drinking and driving.

Even if the accident occurred before they'd dragged it out this year, she'd have seen it last year. And the year before. And the year before. And every year before that when she drove by the high school. They've been doing it for more years than she's been alive.

Ducatiloo

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »

Why don't we just string her up and kill the pregnant dog! make the beast with two backs ya.  Evil

And yet they can see the error of their ways....

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 03:31:29 PM »

I'm guessing none of you have ever had one too many and drove home?

How about let a friend do the same?

the closest i've come is to get a bit tossed and then wait an hour or so before even trying to drive.

on the other hand, most 17 year old girls can't drive for shit sober anyhow.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »

Patently false.  After a while, the smart people see what's happening and straighten up.  "World full of blind people" my ass.

By that logic, with the death penalty, everyone would be dead.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »

Patently false.  After a while, the smart people see what's happening and straighten up.  "World full of blind people" my ass.

By that logic, with the death penalty, everyone would be dead.

+ 1 better Post logic  waytogo

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »

I think if you are 17 and underage drunk driving, you should get some hard time and maybe even a spoon. How many commericals are on tv about stopping underage drinking? A lot around here. Here is a good time to set up a sweet example to the future underage drinkers of what can happen if you drink under age. 30 days is really not a good example, unless your Morgan Spurlock.

yES..IT'S A PERFECT TIME TO SET AN EXAMPLE!!  Angry

iF THat PUSSY make the beast with two backs JUDGE ISN'T DOING HIS JOB RIGHT..ANOTHER JUDGE SHOULD STEP IN AND SENTENCE THE pregnant dog AND THE PARENTS in this case. 

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »

Plus a Video of her crying in 5 years, while rotting in jail may be enough to shock enough to grasp this concept.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »

Point is that justice is supposed to be blind.

If you get 10 years for manslaughter resulting from drunk driving, why does it matter how well you did in school?

Does that mean that I can get off with 30 days in jail for killing someone while drunk?  I did really well in school, top 5% of my law school class.

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »

Point is that justice is supposed to be blind.

If you get 10 years for manslaughter resulting from drunk driving, why does it matter how well you did in school?

Does that mean that I can get off with 30 days in jail for killing someone while drunk?  I did really well in school, top 5% of my law school class.

After going through my own trial and seeing the ridiculous outcome..I scoff at that ''Justice is blind" crap.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

She was doing good in school so 30 days and a little bit of community service will suffice?!   

Do we have a pic of the girl too?  Was she cute?  Another reason to let her off "easy", huh?  Roll Eyes 

The "murder" was in Fairfax too, right?  Lots of money around that area. eh?

Karmas a b*tch.  I know the judge and lawyer in my case will soon live a life of misery and in this case, the girl and the judge will get theirs too! 

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

Kyna

put put put

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 05:16:16 PM »

17 is old enough to know drinking and driving can kill, regardless to whether she saw a presentation in high school about a car wreck.  She should have been tried as an adult at the very least. 

She might have been an "excellent" student, but lets see her try to get into a college that's worth a damn with a felony on her record.  She may not be headed to a long jail sentence but it is going to screw up her life for a few years to come.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -Robert J. Hanlon
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »

17 is old enough to know drinking and driving can kill, regardless to whether she saw a presentation in high school about a car wreck.  She should have been tried as an adult at the very least. 

She might have been an "excellent" student, but lets see her try to get into a college that's worth a damn with a felony on her record.  She may not be headed to a long jail sentence but it is going to screw up her life for a few years to come.

PLEASE let that be the case..at the least!!  ^^^ 

2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

I'm guessing none of you have ever had one too many and drove home?

How about let a friend do the same?

Never have and never will to both.  Well, the second, not knowingly.  There was one instance where the DD for the night decided she could toss 4 drinks back anyway.  I thought she had 1.  She got popped for speeding and failed the sobriety test.  The officers pointed at me and told me that I would volunteer to take the breathalyser to see if I could finish the drive for her.  I explained to them that I would not feel comfortable driving at that point.  I blew a .02 and my friend almost knocked me over, she was hugging me so hard.  She bought me a very nice dinner.  Now I always watch my DD like a hawk!

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »

I thank God all the time, that I found sobriety before anyone got hurt. I've been popped twice and did it more times than I can count. Having got off light both times I can tell you I'm an advocate for harsher DUI laws. The problem is that most people who drink and drive don't do it "just that once". It is a pattern of behaviour. The only way to stop it is to make life so damn miserable a person is finally willing to change the detrimental behaviour. Still thankful I didn't hurt anyone.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: