Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 11:25:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was a jerk today...  (Read 4429 times)
MendoDave
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 05:30:30 AM »

No not really.
INFIDEL

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 03:06:34 PM »

Right response to this is "Today?".  cheeky

And JohnnyD You're new theme song should be "Yer'n assssho"  laughingdp

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
GAAN
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 03:34:53 PM »

Denis Leary - Asshole
el_loco

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »

Dude, I'm sitting at work and laughed out loud!  That was totally me!  It had to be, how many Senna Monster's could there be in Tigard (it was on Scholl's Ferry Road, right before the Burgerville/Chevron on Allen) and it was in March.  I remember a dude jogging by me (you're in good shape, mate! good for you Wink)  I bought the bike late 2009, it's a 2002 750.

Anyway, you can stop feeling guilty, I was in a foul mood and would likely have told you to piss right off (not really) but I did have help on the way so everything was golden (kind of).  Oh, and I hadn't run out of fuel, but if you want to hear what DID happen I'll tell you... waytogo But I'm not going to post it unless I know someone's going to read it, so if you reply I'll update.

I found this thread searching for "Cheshire Motorsports"  I'm considering taking the Monster there to have a 4k RPM backfire looked at.  Anyone (Trenner?) from the original thread vouch for them???

Thanks, maybe we'll get a ride in sometime, if you are in the Beaverton/Tigard area?

-Parker

ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:04 PM »

I live on Oleson road... glad to see all is cool with you then... funny for you to have found this... Cheshire rocks and all of us will vouch for Deric. Let me know when and you can stop by any time. I am on track at PIR all weekend this weekend, but a beer sometime or a ride on any other day would be great... and we would all love to know what happened if it wasn't a fuel issue. I will read it.

I am Ryan by the way.    Grin

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
el_loco

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »

I live off of Murray and Scholls, but work on Canyon so I ride by that way all of the time.  Good to hear about Deric @ Cheshire, I'll give them a call.  They are out in SE Portland?

Quick background:
When I was 20 I bought a Vespa P200E.  Loved it.  Rode for a couple years, sold it to buy a truck for school.  Met my (now wife) girlfriend, before we got married bought another Vespa (Rally 200).  Rode it for a couple months until the engine melted, installed a touring top-end, never got a chance to dial it in and now it lives in my garage.  Have a few friends with Ducati's, decided I wanted one  waytogo shopped around, found the Senna, had to pull the trigger.  One little problem: No endorsement.  All of my time on scooters I was mainly in town, never really needed it, at least none of the dudes I rode with ever had them so I never bothered.  I DID go take the goofy computerized test at DMV and got my permit before I bought the Monster, so I had been riding with friends quite a bit.  I was actually on my way BACK HOME from a ride around Portland, had peeled off from my riding buddy to shoot up Scholls back home when I got pulled over by the Po Po.  They officer said I was "following too closely" which was untrue, traffic was coming to a stop behind a left turning car and everyone was filing in, he pulled behind me WHILE this was happening.  I saw him (looking for cops because I'm not endorsed Wink) and decide to take a left into the neighborhood myself.  As SOON as my left signal came on he lit up his lights.  He knew I was trying to dodge him!  Anyway he was actually cool, didn't write me a ticket but he said I had to have someone meet me to ride home with.  When he left I called a buddy, and decided to head up to the Burgerville to wait.  I thought about riding up there but I consider myself mildly intelligent and a touch unlucky, so I said, "eff it, I'm pushing".  Then some dick goes jogging right by me and... just kidding!  Anyway, I've since completed Team Oregon , which is an awesome course, and been riding as much as possible until now, because the darn thing is backfiring through the intake at around 4,000 RPM after the engine starts warming up!  When it happens and jerks it's a little scary, so I finally decided I needed to have it looked at.  Hoping to get it resolved andriding again quickly!
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »

I coulda ridden it back for you.  Grin  That is an awesome story. I totally owe you a couple of beers.  chug  for the story and for not helping out way back then...

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
cokey
hey take a look @ my

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2010, 01:24:43 PM »

we coulda ridden it back Grin  That is an awesome story. I totally owe you a couple of beers.  chug  for the story and for not helping out way back then...

I WIN
Quote from: my wife
Ok babe I surrender to u.  U may work me out till I drop

About the goat...
 His name was Bob, but the family called him BeelzeBob. 
make the beast with two backs goats.
el_loco

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2010, 01:29:41 PM »

I coulda ridden it back for you.  Grin  That is an awesome story. I totally owe you a couple of beers.  chug  for the story and for not helping out way back then...

Cool man, I'll take you up on those! chug
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: