Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else mountain bike?  (Read 2849 times)
vinnycactus

« on: May 31, 2008, 06:51:21 AM »

New to the forums, new to motos, and more importantly, new duc owner.  My other hobby is mountain biking.  Mainly freeriding and trailriding.  No, I don't wear lycra.  Currently in my (and wife's) stable is 2 Sinister Ridge hardtails, 1 Surly 1x1, 1 Morewood Shova, and 1 Transistion Preston.

Action shots:

Anyone else like to throw themselves off of things and bounce off of trees on a mtn bike?
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:37:16 AM »

Cool bikes and action shots! waytogo

Looks like we've got a few mountain bikes in our bicycle thread.

My folding bike has a full suspension but low clearance so I can only do light off-roading...fun though. Grin

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
vinnycactus

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:37:08 AM »

thanks for the heads up msin.......
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »

I do a bit, I've got a Trek 6000.  Tough little bike.  Tsali is a bit over an hour away ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 11:42:13 AM »

i havne't ridden the mtn bike in a LONG time. i got into road riding...then got out of it and am getting back into it.

i have a gary fisher. i never liked the full suspension bikes for my riding. they seem to only be really good for downhill. hardtails for life!

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
ejw24

'06 M620 - The Radical Red Racer #2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »

Mtn biking is one of my favorite hobbies!  I have a Gary Fisher Tass.  There are a ton of great trails around where I live.  Took a pretty good digger last week on the last corner of a down hill run - damn soft dirt! 

I'm having a failure to thrive...
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »

LOL..I was going to say Sinister will probably get a hard-on seeing your bikes..then I noticed you have a Sinister bike!!

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

I'm thinking about investing in one soon.  I used to Mtn. bike down in Tucson back in the day.   

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
vinnycactus

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »

LOL..I was going to say Sinister will probably get a hard-on seeing your bikes..then I noticed you have a Sinister bike!!

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

I'm thinking about investing in one soon.  I used to Mtn. bike down in Tucson back in the day.   

let me know if you need any advice on what to buy and whatnot.  we're pretty sick when it comes to riding dirt.
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »

Hardtails is where it's at.  Full suspension and disc brakes?  oh puhleaze...

IZ- you got no call buying a mountain bike now when you're leaving the great NW.  It's a whole 'nuther facet of life here.  Back in the day when I had legs like tree trunks I'd drive to Eastern Wa in the morning- ride for 6 hours then drive home just because of the insane riding in the Cascades, particularly the Wenatchee area.  Whenever I need to go to my 'happy place' I remember dropping into the top of the Chikamin Creek trail and the following 8 miles of downhill that gave me a thrill like nothing else. 

I still have my last racing bike and about every 2 years get out on it.  Come to think of it... I'm due!  Last time I drove to the Olympic forest, signed up for a race and took 2nd place after not having ridden for 2 years before that.  Still love it- just takes too much time once you get the old ball and chain and a couple of spare links attached.  /sigh

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
XJBaylor

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »

I love mountain biking, and surprisingly we have some good trails here in Dallas. More biased towards CC than freeriding, but a lot of fun. I ride a Titus Motolite, which is a fantastic "swiss army bike."  Since I no longer race, it will do everything I could ever want.

Keith
2006 S2R 800 Black/Tang
hbliam
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »

Back in the day when I had legs like tree trunks I'd drive to Eastern Wa in the morning- ride for 6 hours then drive home just because of the insane riding in the Cascades, particularly the Wenatchee area.  Whenever I need to go to my 'happy place' I remember dropping into the top of the Chikamin Creek trail and the following 8 miles of downhill that gave me a thrill like nothing else. 

When did Wenatchee move to Eastern Washington? Tongue

I use to ride in Coeur d'Alene. Two hours up and then a similar ride down. It was the most amazing mountain biking I've ever seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: