Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motocorsa Superbike Special.....  (Read 4033 times)
canoncrazy

See ya

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »

you have to tape the headlights and signals? heard a rumor about the pain in the ass cleaning up particles off the track can be. i guess i will need a back protector. what about tires? i have seen the tires once they are ridden on the track, looks like an animal chewed on them. any special compound necessary?
ryan, have any pics of the bike? love the headlight setup on that model

ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 03:23:01 PM »

Most people run DOT (street tires) on the track... there is usually a tire guy at the track or some smart people who can help you with tire pressures... the right pressures keep your tires lasting longer... tends to take a couple laps to warm up the pirellis... so if you dont have warmers... like most on the track days... then seriously take two laps to warm em up.... no special compound needed... but old tires will let you know their age in T9 and you will feel it start to let go in back... unfortunately... the front does give as nice of a warning as the rear does... but you will feel it if you are paying attention... I babble a lot and I am in Buffalo NY... again... so no pics to throw out there right now...

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
INFIDEL

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »

Yep, tape signals, headlight, tail light . . . or remove them .  . . or a combination thereof.

Mirrors too.  I always take mine off though.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 04:40:48 PM »

Have some wings while you're there. Cool

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
canoncrazy

See ya

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »

in the spirit of  [bow_down]motogp, i have been playing the only thing showing up on utube: crashes. looks like i need a lot more gear if i am to withstand those tosses, slides and crunches. can't believe the guys most often just stand up and walk away from those high-speed spills. may have to buy a cheaper duc for the track, not sure i am ready to give my new baby to the track gods. hate to sound like a newby, but circuits are a new world indeed; i do plan to visit soon. thanks for the advice about tires and lights.
how about those mountain rides in the meantime? look forward to lots of summer sunday rides, see ya out there.
chris
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 02:12:01 AM »

Trackday providers are all different cats in how many wrecks you have to worry about. However, PSSR and MotoCorsa throw some very safe ones. The C classes are known for being clean and uneventful if worried about wrecking. Back protectors are usually under $100 and if you have a 2 piece suit that zips, then you are safe.

As for me... I was about to buy a full exhaust system for my 848 and realized I could buy a fully race prepped sv650... so I am racing it.   Grin

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: