Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:44:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EXTRA-EXTRA  (Read 2291 times)
DG

« on: March 20, 2010, 06:48:23 AM »

...READ ALL ABOUT IT!  I threw the FE onto craigslist today.  (boohoo)

"I'm really busy with something not important."
Michael
Voted "Nicest Pants" 2009

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:07:40 AM »

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/1652385673.html

1998 Ducati 900 FE. Final Edition SuperSport, last of the Superlight series. #070 of only 300 US copies. Just over 18K miles. This bike HAS BEEN RIDDEN! It is in great shape inside and out with only a small dent on the RH FWD side of the tank. (I've lived with it since 2005) There are also the expected share of chips from AZ road debri. These things considered this bike has been very well maintained and serviced . Garage stored. Very low usage on tires, chain, sprockets, belts, brakes, forks,fluids and filters. All FE's were silver with its own style solo seat. They have high pipes and a fine compliment of CF parts. I also have a color matched locking tail piece and side panels with large "900 SS" graphics. These along with a biposto seat combined for an attempt to add passenger accomodations but with the high pipes and no idea what to do for passenger peg location the idea was abandoned. Still, these are some very good looking parts that when installed give this bike a pretty unique look. Also, K&N with carb re-jetting, bar-end mirrors and FBF CF exhaust cans are installed. The stock parts are included. This SS runs strong handles like its on rails and is reliable and dependable. Ian Falloon (duc xpert & author) stated, "...a fine example of what a Ducati is all about. Sexy, solid, and destined to be a collectable".

Monster Dave

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 12:18:07 PM »

Hey Doug,

I don't think I ever saw you ride the FE - you've always been out on your Monster.

How long have you had this one hiding in the garage?
Michael
Voted "Nicest Pants" 2009

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »

Hey Doug,

I don't think I ever saw you ride the FE - you've always been out on your Monster.

A sad reminder that Dave hasn't met up with us in over a year.

Dietrich

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »

Doug has been out a lot on the FE.  It's one of my favorite Ducs around....super nice and cool bike.  Wish I had the funds.

DG

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:34:44 PM »

Hey Doug,

dave, had since 98. ask maureen...she's ridden it!

"I'm really busy with something not important."
Monster Dave

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:36:37 AM »

A sad reminder that Dave hasn't met up with us in over a year.

Working in Tucson and training on the weekends with a cycling team, doesn't leave much time for meetups. We'd really love to share in some of the fun things that you guys are doing but time is a huge problem for us.

dave, had since 98. ask maureen...she's ridden it!

That's right! I totally forgot about that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: