Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 01:12:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lane splitting in Maricopa co.  (Read 13909 times)
MostroNero

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »

Now hold on just a second here. Everything that has been discussed here has merit - and while I've not discounted the benefits of lane splitting while voicing the saftey concerns, I'm starting to feel backed into a corner for expressing my opinion.

WTF.

Hoyden - your responses read as arrogant, pompous, and judgmental. Get off my back and stop making flash judgement about me and assumptions about my experiences. Who do you think you are calling me both fearful and an inexperienced driver - you don't even know me.

...you know, forget it. I posted up this morning to share my opinion; not to waste my time arguing with a know-it-all.

It's no wonder the AZ section only has 5 people who post in it. You guys sure know how to create a hostile environment.

Have a nice day.

hmmm.....I did not see that coming. I wasn't aware that was the direction this thread was going. I certainly hope I didn't present myself in such a manner, nor did I catch such a tone in hoyden's comments, but....that's how things too often go when we try to "discuss" on the internet. The tone with which one writes is often not the tone with which another reads and then the wheels come off the wagon of a friendly conversation.

Say la vee....tale e vita...

Jim
Dietrich

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2010, 10:21:56 AM »

MostroNero brings up a good point, and thats the fact that that there are all types of personalities out there.  That affects how we all get along, and has a lot to do with how things go in traffic.  Sucks to see personality conflicts in traffic...and online.

Monster Dave

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »

Look - I'm sorry that what I said was so harsh - but I'm not sorry for saying it. But both of her responses were tossing so called facts and references in my face and telling me that I'm a fearful and inexperienced driver - she both judged and insulted me as well as made assumptions about my character....all of which was evoked from me first saying that I was on the fence about the issue, and that I didn't want to see us (riders) get hurt by being put into a dangerous situation.

WTF???

Quite frankly I was very insulted.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 10:46:01 AM by Monster Dave » Logged
hoyden

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:42 PM »

Wow Dave. Such vitriol.

A) So you dislike facts and references and would rather just everyone just spit out unsubstantiated opinions with nothing to back up their ideas? You make statements as fact and then get upset when someone refutes them with actual facts.
My "so-called facts" were from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the well-known, well-respected Hurt Report.

B) I never called you inexperienced. I asked if you had every driven in Chicago. I did infer that you might not have much experience riding in other cities than Phoenix (and in elsewhere in Az since you are presently in Tuscon) and I'm sorry if that was incorrect.

C) I said that it seemed that your opinions came from fear. Scared of people not learning a new thing quick enough. Scared that people won't learn "proper driving habits" before getting harmed. Scared of aggressive Phoenix drivers. Scared that lane splitting is dangerous. Scared that we're putting ourselves in 'dangerous situations'.

D) You asked me a direct question and then got mad when I replied with an answer you didn't like and that questioned your statements.

Seems to me that being given some actual facts on lane splitting would help alleviate some of your concerns.
Instead you rebuff research and fact and resort to name calling.

"All my life my heart has sought a thing I cannot name."
- HST
Monster Dave

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 12:42:31 PM »

Look, as I read your comments you came across pompous, arrogant, and like I said, a "know-it-all". If you didn't mean that then fine, lets just move on - I'm done debating this otherwise pointless topic.

I'm generally a really nice guy - easy to get along with, and I don't pick fights. So think about that when considering why I reacted so negatively - that's uncharacteristic of me to be sure.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:52:04 PM by Monster Dave » Logged
Michael
Voted "Nicest Pants" 2009

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »

MostroNero brings up a good point, and thats the fact that that there are all types of personalities out there.  That affects how we all get along, and has a lot to do with how things go in traffic.  Sucks to see personality conflicts in traffic...and online.

And Arizona is uncommonly mixed in that most people who live here grew up somewhere else. And then when you throw in the snowbirds -- forget it.

So when you have a new traffic law (bringing us back to the topic) I could see how it will take some time for the general public of Arizona to get used to the idea.

I imagine, however, that there will be some people who just refuse to accept it or refuse to change their way of thinking. Or, like I experienced recently, there are some who are so old and clueless that they'll be driving on the wrong side of the road right towards you. 

Either way, regardless of the statistics and studies on lane splitting, I hope no one gets hurt and it does nothing but add a safety layer to us careful riders.

[moto]
Monster Dave

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 03:38:31 PM »

Either way, regardless of the statistics and studies on lane splitting, I hope no one gets hurt and it does nothing but add a safety layer to us careful riders.
 [moto]

chug
pennyrobber

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:23 PM »

La la la laaaaaane splitin' ...  [moto]

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
rule62

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »

... the fact that that there are all types of personalities out there. 

No...  There are only 2 types.  Those who agree with my point of view and assholes.

Grin
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2010, 08:16:58 PM »

Anyone?

MostroNero

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:29 AM »

It PASSED and is on it's way to the Governor's Office.... waytogo  chug
pennyrobber

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 08:14:57 AM »

Awesome. She'll sign anything.  Grin

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
djrashonal

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »

HA! Zing!

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
Monster Dave

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »

laughingdp Of course, isn't she coming up for re-election?
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »

YES!!  OK..so how long before a bill becomes a law?!   cheeky

Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: