Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 01:21:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wet Bum Mod  (Read 1762 times)
Justo

« on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:57 AM »

Ive stumbled over here from Oz Monsters. Attracted by "The rainy board". Any group that tags themselves this must know a thing or two about water. And this is where my trouble lies and hopefully here is where my help may come from.

So hi all and let me explain my troubles:

So the second mod I ever did to my 696 was to remove the tail and put in a Comp werkz fender eliminator. Cosmetically the best thing Ive done to date. Practically, well maybe not so. Unfortunately I ride every day (or fortunately). And well the wet days with no fender gives me a wet ass. Not comfortable or attaractive. Now I dont expect to avoid the rain, just the wet road. Or more the wet on the road that's finding its way up the rear tire and onto my back.

So winter appraoching, weather shittening, Im thinking of ways around this (without putting it back on). Im thinking perhaps a custom CF rear hugger, a few inches longer than the stock. What are you lot with chopped tails on this rainy board doing for such predicaments.

Anyway thanks for listen, id love to hear from you all from down here in Oz.  waytogo

09 Black Ducati 696
GAAN
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:00:54 AM »

Hey there and welcome

swamp butt is a joy of the northwest, there are a couple of ways to limit it

but

you can't get rid of it completely with a chopped tail.

one solution is to run a tail bag when it is raining, it will take most of the water

a second solution is a GS style hugger

there is a company that makes them as license plate holders for the Monster but I can't remember what it is right now

and I haven't seen it since we were all on the DML

lastly depending on what kind of license plates you guys are running down there you can angle them a bit to deflect a good portion of the water

here's my bike:

this works fairly well for me

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:03:29 AM by Mother » Logged
INFIDEL

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:10:15 AM »

A) I deal with it.
B) I found the same thing Mother did.  If you angle the plate out more it's enough to deflect a goodly amount of the rain.
C) I wear Frogg Toggs in the really heavy rain OR I have 3 season gear I wear over my clothes.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »

Didn't somebody make a hot swappable tail chop?  The beer tray can bolt on and off somehow... hmm... I need to search the old threads... but I recall something.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
INFIDEL

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 02:43:08 AM »

I think it was on the old board.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
MendoDave
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:09:00 AM »

I wear my courdura Jacket so that it can be washed. The mud will still get on the back a little bit even with the lic plate turned out. I would say find something that will protect your back and don't worry about it.
scott_araujo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:45:10 AM »

Didn't somebody make a hot swappable tail chop?  The beer tray can bolt on and off somehow... hmm... I need to search the old threads... but I recall something.

Me.  And I got the tail frame from you since mine was gone before I bought it.  It's on TOB somewhere.  Not sure the same method would apply since the 696 frame is a little different than my 800 but you could probably do something.  Also, even though I can put the old tail on I almost never do.  Too lazy.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: