Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:47:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Multistradas hit the UK and comparison with BMW 1200 GS  (Read 1531 times)
mytduk
« on: April 07, 2010, 07:39:44 AM »

The first Multistradas have hit the UK and they look like they are a hit with advanced orders. Also take a look at Motorcycle News Video of a comparsion between the BMW 1200GS and the Ducati Multistrada. The new Multistrada is impressive.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/April/apr0610-first-two-ducati-multistradas-arrive-in-uk/

MYTDUK down undah in New Mexico
ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 07:29:06 AM »

I just dont see the comparison.  I love ducs, but really, a water cooled superbike engine on a bike that is trying to compete on logging roads?  uh, negative ghost rider.

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
mytduk
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »

ducducgooseme,

Don't think the video said the Ducati was the best dirt bike, just the best all around bike.

However, I am interested to see if Ducati or anyone will race this in the Paris to Dakar. A Ducati/Cagiva did win this race twice.

MYTDUK
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »

A Ducati/Cagiva did win this race twice.

The Elefant was a much different bike than the new Multistrata.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: