Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:09:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road Conditions  (Read 9451 times)
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:06 PM »

We can use this thread to post up conditions in the canyons as the seasons are transitioning.

I'll start.

Rode Deer Creek Canyon today on my road bike.

Outside of some very light gravel in a few of the corners in both directions, it is clean.  waytogo

Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »

Big Thompson Canyon up to Estes is pretty clean (although a bit snowy today). Watch out for the construction at the top. The road is fine but orange cones can make cagers act kinda dumb...
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 02:12:51 PM »

Lookout Mountain is clear.

Keep your eyes peeled for skateboard racers up at the top, however.

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:22 PM »

Boulder Canyon - Clear

Sand in the round about at Ned

P2P - For the most part, clear  (Sand on center line)

Deckers - all clean!

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
psicorp

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »

I went up Squaw pass to board and it was clear going up, but some sand on way back down.

2000 748s
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 10:02:56 AM »

Looks like baby's butt smooth re-paving is just about done on 119 from Gap Rd all the way to 72.

[moto] Smiley [moto] Grin [moto] Smiley [moto] Grin [moto] Smiley [moto] bacon [moto] Smiley [moto] Grin [moto]

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
NoTalentAssClown

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »

There is repaving action, along with "fresh oil" and lane closure on High Grade Rd.
High Grade Rd. is above Deer Creek Canyon.

From the east end of Deer Creek Canyon: head westbound and hang a left onto S. Deer Creek Rd. This turns into High Grade Rd. High Grade climbs up onto a ridge with some very nice views and even nicer tight curves! High Grade turns into Pleasant Park Rd, which eventually ends at Hwy 285 in Conifer. From there you can loop back to Deer Creek Canyon via South Turkey Creek.
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the update.

Super A.D.D.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »

Did Lookout Mtn a couple days ago and it was all clean except a spot or two on the top.
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »

Rode 103 from Idaho Springs to Echo Lake and then up to the summit of Mt. Evans (well, a good portion of it) on my bicycle today. 

A couple spots of crap here and there (rough roads, potholes and such), but clean for the majority.  103 was really clean.

Munch

Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »

High Plains Raceway, turns 1-15 buttery smooth. No sand, no oil, no animals, no cops. Comon out and watch some MRA action this weekend! Holler if anyone needs 2-1 passes!

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »

A little ride up Deer Creek Saturday night...

WTF?!!!  Is it January already?

Sand, gravel, general nastiness from Deer Creek Rd the rest of the way to Turkey Creek!

flynbulldog

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:40 PM »

been a while since anyone has posted here but since this is the time of year everybody wants to ride but it's too early to hit the mountains 105 south of sedalia gets a lot of bike traffic.

Just letting you all know that they tarred the cracks from Sedalia to Palmer Lake with that "slipperyer than snot" gunk that makes tar snakes.
It's not constant so just be aware and don't get caught off guard, there will be clear areas and then slippery areas just as you start to think it's all fine.

Be Careful!  waytogo    Can't wait for the season to start!  Dolph
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: