Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 07:19:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: margarita machine and live music on the deck 5/1  (Read 3731 times)
mraff

future duc rider

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »

Grey market bikes are a pain in the arse to bring into the country and title and keep and operate on the public roadways under proper tagging unless you have the practically complimentary paperwork that uncle Sam provides to our military personell.....going through the process otherwise is a freaking nightmare....I found this out when I wanted to get a bike from someone outside Montreal once a long long long time ago....

Funny, I worked the opposite pain.... sourced/bought my S4R from a dealer in Illinois while living in Germany; had an importer bring it over all so I could avoid the hassle of trying to import a grey market S4R into the states. Not the cheapest way to ride, but wasn't hassled when I moved back to the states.
slowpoke13

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 12:07:15 AM »

I don't plan on selling it. And registering it shouldn't be a problem. The emission system is the same one they import for US bikes. I'll have to leave it stock to Reg it. But, once I have a title and registration, I can pretty much do what I want with it.

slowpokesan
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30:31 AM »

Bummer!  Would love to attend, but will be getting blotto at Gold Cup instead.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: