Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 08:15:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Saga Continues...  (Read 7431 times)
never2loud
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »

I've got a dry clutch bike and a wet clutch bike.

There is no substiture for the rattle of an open clutch cover on a dry clutch Duc - I'm obviously not telling you something you don't already know.

That being said though, there have been times when I dearly wanted to just park the $%#ing thing on the side of the road and WALK the rest of the way because of traffic congestion, poorly timed lights, even traffic that wouldn't bother me in my car that has an insanely stiff clutch.  The clutch pull is bad, but it's clutch slippage once the clutch pack gets really hot that makes it suck.  (Now just as a side note:  the SBK will own any track day you care to attend (we'll completely ignore the ham-fisted rider at this point just for the sake of the argument  Roll Eyes  ).

Trust me on this, I shit you not - I'd walk before I'd put my superbike in downtown Dallas (yes, clearly Patrick is more of a man than I  laughingdp ).

That's where the trusty wet clutch bike comes in.  It's the "Go To" bike if there ever was one.  Traffic is no breeze, mind you, but it is tolerable.  (Not having a water-cooled motor helps a lot with comfort as well...)

Any-friggin'-way, I'm just sayin'    Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 03:19:43 PM by n2f » Logged
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

...(we'll completely ignore the ham-fisted rider at this point Roll Eyes  ).....

Any-friggin'-way, I'm just sayin'    Grin

Hey, what'd I do to you?  Grin

cdc
Ronr

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

Regarding the heavy dry clutch pull, there are several slave cylinder options that have a larger piston and reduce clutch pull by about 30%.

Never heard of the clutches slipping more when they heat up.  Is that common?  Some people remove 2 of the 6 clutch springs to reduce clutch pull and still no slipping.  I haven't tried that.

I've considered going to one of the aftermarket slaves.  Bumper to bumper traffic is a major painful pregnant dog.  But when it's over, it feels so good.  Then I forget about about it and gas it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: