Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 07:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot bullshit: mugu alert  (Read 2877 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:01 PM »

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/1717135959.html

2005 749 with 6100 miles, ONLY $2600!

Bring your own asslube when you cash the check he sends you to deposit and send him back the difference.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »

Just like this guy, trying to advertise a base 999 as an "S".

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mcy/1717949448.html
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 05:17:47 AM »

Ad's already gone

I'm a little IZ_ today - what's up with the 999?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 05:51:22 AM »

Well, it's not an S. It's a base 999 with either S decals or fairing side panels. Dead give away is the suspension and the brakes.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:13:32 PM »

i emailed the OP's ad before it was removed:

Hello
Do you still have the bike, can I come see it ?

To: ME
    Sent: Mon, May 3, 2010 5:27:56 PM
    Subject: RE: 2005 Ducati bike

Hello ,

My name is Andrew. I am emailing you regarding the 2005 Ducati Superbike Biposto that I have for sale.
    The bike is in perfect condition , with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings.It has 100 miles. I have a clear and clean title for it , no liens or loans ready to be signed and notarized on your name ...
    I'm selling my son's bike, who died in Iraq four months ago and I want to get rid of it asap because the sight of it makes me think of him often and often and the pain is too great . Put yourself in my shoes and you'll do the same (selling the bike of your dead son, no offence) !!!
    As you probably noticed , the final price that i want for this bike is $2.600 if you will buy it today or tomorrow .
    Let me know where are you located and any other details you need about it.
    Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

my reply

Hello Andrew

I am very sorry to hear about your son.  Of course you want to get rid of the bike soon.

Can you tell me if the factory rotobulscrotum is still attached?  Some people remove them.  I could not tell from the photos, could you send me more photos of the bike to verify?

I am very amenable to your offer and wish to consumate our union immediately

Please reply

Jack N. Meoff

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:54:58 AM »

rotobulscrotum?!?!?!.....where did THAT come from....HAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:58:10 AM »

rotobulscrotum?!?!?!.....where did THAT come from....HAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

i wanted to give him something to be really confused about. 

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:55:23 AM »

here's one for you to go and make the beast with two backs with....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/1723686662.html

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »

here's one for you to go and make the beast with two backs with....

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/1723686662.html

he's legit.  i sent him the same email and he replied with pics of the bike showing the tag (from VA) and his phone #.

looks nice.  i might buy it and part it.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »

AHA!  HE finally replied!!

To: ME
Sent: Sun, May 9, 2010 5:37:36 PM
Subject: RE: 2005 Ducati bike

I`m located in Helena Montana(the bike is here with me)right now because i got a new job here,the thing is i`m  very busy and i don`t have time to stay and meet with all my potential buyers, that is why i gave to a shipping company that will ship it to the next owner(on my cost). I will make the deal only to eBay. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 7 days testing period after delivery. During that 7 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested in buying it so I can ask eBay to send you the details on how this works. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name,  full address) so we can get things started.
Thanks,

Andrew

and he attached photos of someone's 999!

My reply:

Hello ANDREW!

Yes, I am SO interested, can you please make sure I am the first in line?  The pics of the bike look great, I am amazed at the flux capacitor and the rotobulscrotum are still intact.

Here is my full info:

Jack N. Mehoff
4110 Chain Bridge Rd
Fairfax, Virginia

THANKS!@!

the address is for the Fairfax County Circuit court.. Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: