Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 07:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DucPond Open House 5/21-5/22  (Read 4633 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 03:46:15 AM »

Nah, I think you guys ought to leave about 10 or so, we are leaving earlier but were just a bunch of slow old dudes, you'll probably beat us if you leave at 10. -  Grin - Gene

Old... perhaps... But only slow if you're riding your 50cc scoot, 2-up.

Leave today and you might beat Gene...

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducati culture

My freedom is worth my life and my soul..........

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 05:22:33 AM »

Will there be a ferry ride along the way?   [moto] [moto] [moto]

ducati culture

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 09:34:11 AM »

After last nights test ride and long debate.  I think its time  for a new chain and front an rear sprocket.  As much as I hate to do it.  I think its  best I stay local and sit this one out.  Fawk.  Undecided Undecided Undecided

tuanogus
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 10:51:50 AM »

After last nights test ride and long debate.  I think its time  for a new chain and front an rear sprocket.  As much as I hate to do it.  I think its  best I stay local and sit this one out.  Fawk.  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Aww, c'mon! I need a new rear tire and an inspection sticker. Come to think of it... I hope we don't run into Johnny Law on our way out...  Police

There's some cool stuff happening locally, though. Chili Cook-off for starters...  Shocked
tuanogus
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »

Argh, stupid rain. Will slab it or cage it. Not sure yet.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:36 AM »

So? How was it?

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
tuanogus
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

So? How was it?

I canceled the group ride due to the weather - almost everyone bailed last minute. Two of us still got together and rode for a while. We split after 120 miles and I ended up riding out to DP after all (he turned home). Except for the occasional, brief sprinkle of rain, things stayed dry while I was there. Awesome time, of course! And I learned a few things...

Spun the M1100 for a bit! Wow! It felt familiar - like a 696 - but with a lot more giddyup-n-go. The suspension felt stiffer, and maybe a wee bit higher. I felt more confident on that bike than my 696 (Hmmm). So, because of this experience, I need to tighten up the suspension on my bike. I'm also convinced my brakes - front and rear - are facked. Donnie is trying to get that taken care of as warranty work for me.

Threw a leg over just about everything there. I confirmed that the monster is still the bike for me.
ducati culture

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 09:13:12 AM »

very good! 

Did you ride the street fighter?   coffee

tuanogus
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »

Did you ride the street fighter?

I thought about it. I decided I only had time for 1 ride... wanted to have a chance to beat the rain home. Next year.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 04:29:45 PM »

Spun the M1100 for a bit! Wow! It felt familiar - like a 696 - but with a lot more giddyup-n-go. The suspension felt stiffer, and maybe a wee bit higher. I felt more confident on that bike than my 696 (Hmmm). So, because of this experience, I need to tighten up the suspension on my bike. I'm also convinced my brakes - front and rear - are facked. Donnie is trying to get that taken care of as warranty work for me.

not shocked to hear the 1100s suspension felt better. It's got a number of adjustments that the 696 doesn't have. Also Donnie set it up, so he probably had a mind or gave orders to set it for, ahem, larger American riders. Factory ducati suspension settings are around the 160-170 pound mark. I'm not a fatty, but I go any easy 220 in full gear for example.

I remember when I swapped from my 620 to my 900S - wow it felt more planted. Race tech worked forks and a properly sprung Ohlins shock sure felt different than the stock 620 stuff... So if donnies going to have it for a bit to fo brakes, perhaps you ask him to do some adjustments to the suspension while he's in there

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
tuanogus
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »

So if donnies going to have it for a bit to fo brakes, perhaps you ask him to do some adjustments to the suspension while he's in there

Will do. Unfortunately there's not much to be done with the forks except heavier oil. The rear can be dialed up a bit, though. My list of TBD mods has grown so expensive that I'll probably look for a used 1100 (or something similar) next season.

Lurking in the FS forum already...  coffee

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »

They can add a spacer to the forks to increase the pre load. They just did this for another DMF'er on a 696. He complained that he was dragging the side stand at Summit, so I told him to visit the Pond. They did him with more turns on the rear pre-load, spacers up front along with heavier oil.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
tuanogus
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »

... spacers up front along with heavier oil.

Hmm, good to learn that. Hopeful...
twolanefun

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2010, 11:43:35 PM »

Race tech internals do wonders for the front end, single rate rear spring instaed of a progessive does wonder for the rear. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up