Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 04:15:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pnwriders.com....bunch of haters  (Read 6269 times)
danyaducati
i love my ducati

yes im a female rider bring it

« on: May 29, 2010, 06:49:04 AM »

so i went on and joined pnwriders.com since it is a site for riders in my area. and let know tell u they are some of the biggest haters on ducatis. cant take it to much to heart tho, since most of they ride r1's, cbr's, gsx's and ect. those kind of bike you know hahaha
so i kinda of felt bad for them even told some people are just more baller then others
lol
i love my ducati!
scott_araujo

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »

Don't hate on the haters.  If they're not your cup of tea just leave them be.

Most internet moto groups are made of similarly minded people there to reinforce each other's beliefs that their choices (which bike, riding style, gear choice, etc.) is better than all the other choices out there.  Sure, this board is like that to some extent BUT I have never before met so many people so open to hanging out, riding, and having fun together.  And if you want to ride something else we don't really care too much.  Most times the bikes seems secondary to the friendship and camaradarie.  People here don't fight much (if you don't count oil threads) and really seem to want to help each other out with advice and even parts from time to time.  Any bagging we do on other bikes or riders usually seems limited to ribbing one of our friends here who bought one as a second bike.  Ok, maybe we diss Harleys a bit here and there but it's still the most friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful moto forum I've been part of  Wink

Scott
INFIDEL

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:34:59 AM »

Yah, I left PNW riders long time ago.  There was - at the time - a rampant belief that it was OK to break the law and that if pulled over for doing a wheeling at 100+ miles an hour the cop was an asshole and they had no accountability for their actions and would fight the ticket in court and rant about how unjust the system was.

I got tired of it and left.

I like it here better.
 waytogo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
Bendy

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »

It just doesn't seem like much of a friendly place. I always thought bickering and flaming and causing blood pressures to rise was for generic, pointless webforums, not the like-minded local networking kind. To each their own, evidently.

Maybe it's the Asian-ness of one's ride that prompts an air of superiority and unsportsmanlike competition? Whether it's a Yamaha quad, a tricked out beercan muffler Civic, or a CBRRRGSXRR1R6ZX6RRRRRR... R, and probably another R somewhere. You see the same jerkness on the dunes, the strip, and the street, respectively. Doesn't mean I won't help pull a guy's machine out of a rut, but you wonder if some folks will do the same for you.
danyaducati
i love my ducati

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:00:11 PM »

yea i did was post a forum sayin i got a ducati and was looking for other people would rode ducatis to ride with or to even have more friends to get ideas for my bike or help if i needed it but i did add that anyone was more then welcomed to say hi and i wouldnt mind riding with anyone.that i was just out to get out on the road. and then the haters came out as if i did some things wrong. just a really mean site and i would tell anyone to join. but i did get a hand full of ducati rider to say hi which was nice.
canoncrazy

See ya

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 05:53:29 AM »

got them back once. i too joined the online site as my schedule is way (is) crazy, looking for a quick saturday fix on two wheels. met up with several r1s and gsxrs on my Harley! LOL! funniest stuff ever! That was when i didnt want to pay for my s4r to be serviced; my street bob was plenty aggressive to hang with the slow pokes i met. never stopped to talk to them and ask why they were driving like they all had cruisers. noted to self, stick with duc riders. speaking of, rain has to let up soon. i've been able to lean it and pull furiously on the throttle since purchased in dec but have yet to ride the 1098 with you guys, when's the first ride of summer? its quickly approaching. sunday mornings are nearly always good. lots of talk about the ride to st helens makes me itchy...anyone? 
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 06:04:54 AM »

St Helens sounds fun. Need to find the sun somewhere. Although we hit that run too early last year and froze. I think it was snowing at Johnston Ridge... and I had to hold the exhaust pipes to thaw my fingers.  bang head

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »

That ride is a definate go sometime this summer. Just wait until the rain stops. waytogo

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
JBubble
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »

I'm part of pnwriders and have met some awesome people. Yes there are some assholes on that site, but there are plenty of assholes here too. Their attitude is a little different than people on this board but its really not that bad. I've hung out with the Portland group numerous times and they've been very helpful and nice.

I read the thread, there was some good natured ribbing, thats it. 99% of them welcomed you and encouraged you to ride with them.

I hope you find a group of people that you like.
rockbender

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 09:16:14 PM »

random....
JBubbles' simple example of the proper use of 'their' and 'there' makes the DMF that much more palatable than some other forums I have recently perused.

Thank goodness the sun came out for a bit today.  It certainly makes me happier.
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »

random....
JBubbles' simple example of the proper use of 'their' and 'there' makes the DMF that much more palatable than some other forums I have recently perused.

Thank goodness the sun came out for a bit today.  It certainly makes me happier.

Amen and Amen!  Wink

As far as PNWRiders... I've hung out with a bunch of them at the Ava Roasteria on Tuesday nights.  As long as one isn't a brand-centric snob, they're fine.  There's a couple die-hard ricers, some stunters, and some otherwise crazy people, but all in all, it's a bunch of people who like to ride motorcycles.  Isn't that what it's all about?

And ya know what?  It's SUNNY today!  Grin  I can't wait for the ride home from work!  [moto]  waytogo

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 05:27:20 PM »

Mt St Helens........old man pass........I think thats the name of the road.Last time I was on that road, one in our group tossed it in the weeds. Ride that road at your own pace, and be careful, lots of gravel this time of year. waytogo

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
danyaducati
i love my ducati

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »

well when i did post on pnwriders. i was looking for other ducati riders because of the simple fact they could help me with my bike since they would know a little more on how to ride this bike, work on it, mods, ect. but i did welcome anyone else to ride with me. and got alot of haters. i didnt think i was special because i got a ducati. but it is the bike i fall in love with and fits me like a glove. each to their own. but some people on that site did not think that way. i will say i have got to talking to some people on there in email and have plans to ride with them, yet still these people ride duc. but they came to me and welcomed me which with nice. i have yet to have a non duc rider ask me to ride with out saying something like " u can ride with me if u dont mind being in the shadows of my bike" what kind of b.s. is that?
im out to ride end of story with or without other ducati or not. [moto]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:08:26 PM by danyaducati » Logged
INFIDEL

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »

You can ride with me as long as you don't mind me following in your shadow  Wink

I'm S-L-O-W  . . . and I don't rider very fast either  laughingdp

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help save a child: http://www.firstgiving.com/318

Twitter: http://twitter.com/318FORKIDS
JBubble
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »

That kind of "b.s." is a joke. They were poking fun at you, joshing you, kidding around. They weren't hating on you and, like I said previously, 99% welcomed you in their posts. Thats a pretty good percentage; I think out of the 80 posts, there were maybe two that were questionable. In fact, many of them pointed you to other resources and invited you to hang out, regardless of whether they had a ducati. Decrying an entire site's members because of a couple of posts is a little overkill yes?

Regardless, glad you found some people that are more your speed.

Oh and if you need mod and tech help, this forum has excellent resources specific to the monsters. Just click on the Tech and Accessories links on the left hand side. There's Tutorials on how to many things as well.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:14:25 PM by JBubble » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: