Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198543 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #285 on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »

After a promising performance during wet practice...Val qualified in the back of the GP pack (but ahead of the CRT bikes).  I think he's praying for wet conditions...to quote his video interview "... looks like on the wet we are a little less worse."  Kudos to Nicky for qualified 3rd, placing him on the front row for race day.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/motogp+qp+report

Doesn't that beg the question, " If Nicky can grab a front row position, well...........? "

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #286 on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »

Nicky was asked if he could explain why "he is so much faster" than Val!  He downplayed it by saying he hasn't given it much thought waytogo...but believes Rossi will be ahead of him as the season progresses.  Ironically, even Nicky isn't sure he can stay in the front during the race.  The entire Ducati team is praying for wet conditions since they believe they are more competitive with their electronics package and ability to maintain heat in the tires in those conditions.  They were testing in Jerez a month ago...so hopefully they have varied settings to match up to whatever weather conditions they are dealt.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:15:01 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:30 PM »

There's no questioning my loyalty and affection for Ducati and I like Rossi a great deal also but praying for rain so you can be competitive is about as lame as it can get in my book.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »

Maybe someone should tell Ducati to look for other solutions, 'cause it ain't gonna rain every race day... boo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #289 on: April 29, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »

Unfortunately for some, the MotoGP race was declared dry just 5 minutes before the start!  It had an amazing start with the riders racing elbow to elbow for the first couple/few laps.  It got a little boring once everyone got their separation.  Nice finishes from Crutchlow and Bradl in Jerez...I think this the most animated I've ever seen Stoner as he crossed the finish line after having Lorenzo nipping at his heals.  I'll have to catch Moto2 tomorrow.

Until mañana, hasta luego!  
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:36:28 PM by freeflydive » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #290 on: April 29, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

Stone finally broke the "no win in Jerez" monkey that has been on his back.  And HOT DAMN for Crutchlow!!  I'm betting he'll be on Ben's bike next year.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #291 on: April 29, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »

Stone finally broke the "no win in Jerez" monkey that has been on his back.  And HOT DAMN for Crutchlow!!  I'm betting he'll be on Ben's bike next year.

I was telling Gloria that exact same thing all through the race.   popcorn

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #292 on: April 29, 2012, 07:07:55 PM »

And HOT DAMN for Crutchlow!!  I'm betting he'll be on Ben's bike next year.

Yup, Ben better get crackin'...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #293 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »

This coming weekend, May 5th & 6th

MotoGP at Estoril, Portugal

WSBK at Monza, Italy

AMA at Infineion (Sears Point) CA

British Superbike at Oulton Park.

All of that plus Gloria wants to go watch Think Like a Man.

Oh Boy!

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #294 on: May 04, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »

If Free Practice times & 1st Qualifying Session times are any indicator there should be some good stuff this weekend. Spies seems to have his bike sorted.  Dolph  The Ducs don't look too good for Monza but they never really do anyway. That might be a shootout among the BMW's and the Aprilia's.

freeflydive

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »

Overall a boring race, but Rossi had his best finish this season at 7th place.  Nice battle for 4th within the Yamaha satellite teams.  Next stop...Le Mans on 20 May!

« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »

Enjoyed the Daytona series at Infineion!!
Better than the MotoGp at Estoril

Northern Cal riders are sure lucky to have tracks like these
Laguna Seca & Sears Point
Any body here had the chance to ride either?

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »

Not yet...Teresa tried to sign me up for CA Superbike School at Laguna Seca this past April.  Unfortunately, my presence was required else where (compliments of the Marine Corps).

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #298 on: May 06, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »

MotoGP at Estoril...another yawner... boo

WSBK at Monza...WTF, over... Huh?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:20:23 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #299 on: May 06, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »

Yep. The AMA Daytona 600cc races were great. Haven't seen the 1K races yet. Infineon looks like a fast, fast track. Some of those downhill corners look downright scary!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: