Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 02:40:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198516 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »

WOW!  What an mazing show of racers trading paint and positions...and what a dramatic finish to an amazing 2nd race.  I think Melandri became overly ambitious trying to pass his BMW teamate on the last two corners (both hairpins)...which forced them both to run wide and giving Rae an opportunity to get through.  Post race arguments heated up in the BMW garage w/ Haslam's father being restrained when he confronted Melandri.  Luckily, "Euro Sport" covers WSBK more in-depth (and from different camera angles) than Speed channel!      

Ironically, Rae's riding style reminds me of Marco Simoncelli's style with not being afraid of elbowing his way through corners.   Next race...MotoGP at Le Mans Dolph
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:33:43 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #316 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:40 PM »

lastest moto news: 

Stoner to retire at end of season, says MotoGP is too boring... Roll Eyes

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2012, 03:28:50 PM »

lastest moto news: 

Stoner to retire at end of season, says MotoGP is too boring... Roll Eyes

LOL!!
Stoner should drop back to WSBK...that's where the action is!! applause

I am a newbie to watching motorcycle racing (6 mon), but I agree  MotoGP  just doesn't have the brash in your face, aggressive racing most of the time.
The 2 races at Donington (SP) were great ...especially moto 2.

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:46 PM »

I can respect Stoner's decision...plus he gets to end his legacy/retire while he's on top of his class.  He dislikes a lot of recent changes and feels he's lost the passion for it.  Equally amusing, during the same pre-event press conference, is Rossi's plan to continue racing in MotoGP for at least the next three years...I wonder if he'll remain w/ Ducati until he bows out?!    

Correction:  Rossi plans for another two (not three) years in MotoGP.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:32:57 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »

Equally amusing, during the same pre-event press conference, is Rossi's plan to continue racing in MotoGP for at least the next three years.   

Maybe they'll give him Stoner's bike... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »

Maybe they'll give him Stoner's bike... Grin

There's a thought. He might have burned those bridges though.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Raux
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »

I can respect Stoner's decision...plus he gets to end his legacy/retire while he's on top of his class.  He dislikes a lot of recent changes and feels he's lost the passion for it.  Equally amusing, during the same pre-event press conference, is Rossi's plan to continue racing in MotoGP for at least the next three years...I wonder if he'll remain w/ Ducati until he bows out?!    

Correction:  Rossi plans for another two (not three) years in MotoGP.

I think Stoner was just trying to show he's faster than Rossi, even going into retirement  laughingdp
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2012, 01:15:11 PM »

just finished watching MotoGP at LeMans...finally, a decent result for Ducaudi...now if they can only do it in the dry.. Roll Eyes.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »

Horns blow!!  Flags wave!! People jump up & down & cheer!  And two old rivals enjoy a good race.  Both making separate points ( not race points ) in their own way.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:18 PM »

That was the best MotoGP race I've seen in a while!  I'll be proud to ride w/ my Rossi helmet tomorrow, in the wet, at Thunderbolt (albeit at a much slower pace)!  While I think Rossi will go back to mid-pack in the next few races...I truly hope Burgess & the factory engineers can sort out the Desmo in dry conditions for the team's sake.   

Stoner sounded humble and genuinely appreciative of being on the podium during the post race interview.  Stoner & Pedrosa had a difficult time keeping their tires warm through most of the race...then they over-heated their tires as rain conditions improved during the final ~6 laps!   

freeflydive

« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2012, 05:55:08 PM »

Watched WSBK  (race #1) at Miller Motorsport Park in Utah.  A good finish for Ducati, BMW & Aprilia.  Unfortunately it was a bit boring...unsure if it was the race itself or the ho-hum commentators at SPEED. Somehow, the British commentators and cameramen at EUROSPORT do a much better job at capturing the action on the track.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:38:24 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #326 on: May 29, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

Hair raising fight to the finish between Johnny Rea and Marco Melandri in race 2...a  boo to Speed for their lousy camera work in missing Checca's off...time for Hopper to give it up, no how much talent you have, you can't crash out of every race and be a winner...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:24:42 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »

Yep, Hopper should stop. The poor guy is already injured enough and if he keeps crashing at practically every practice and/or race then it's only a matter of time before he does major damage to himself. No doubt his sponsors and team owners will see that soon also.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »

Didn't mean to sound so harsh about Hopper, he obviously has passion for the sport, but he can't go on like this...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »

Passion helps but it's not enough. It's a rough crowd up in the top ten.  bow down

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: