Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:40:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198567 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »

Hmmm...looks like Ben Spies is voluntarily walking away from Yamaha.  Hopefully the rumors of his return to WSBK are true...it would make the grid line up more amazing!   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »

The motorcycle musical chairs thing is becoming humorous and interesting too.  Where would Spies go? BMW? Ducati? Would Yamaha field a WSBK team again? What about the whole Rossi, Hayden, Dovi, Crutchlow thing?  popcorn

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #377 on: July 26, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

The rumor is Spies may look at BMW, but the factory is folding their team into the satellite BMW Italia team for 2013.    It may not be a bad idea for BMW to replace Haslam, since he and Milandri like to swap paint on the track! 

Anyway, back to MotoGP...there is a lot of speculation in the media for the all upcoming free agent-"musical chairs"...but it will all be sorted/disclosed by the race in Valencia.  Dovi may take Spies' bike, but Team San Carlo-Honda-Gresini is chomping at the bit to get an Italian rider (Dovi or Rossi).  Ducati allegedly offered Crutchlow a 2x yr contract...but I don't wish that bike on anyone until Ducati comes up with a genuine road map to fix it.  As for Hayden, I hope he get plucked by another factory or a competitive satellite team...he's done well for Ducati and has never publicly bad mouthed his employer. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #378 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:12 AM »

Anyway, back to MotoGP...there is a lot of speculation in the media for the all upcoming free agent-"musical chairs"...but it will all be sorted/disclosed by the race in Valencia.  

VALENCIA!  Cripes! That's the last race of the season. It better be all sorted out way before then.   Roll Eyes   cheeky

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #379 on: July 28, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »

As for Hayden, I hope he get plucked by another factory or a competitive satellite team...he's done well for Ducati and has never publicly bad mouthed his employer. 

Hayden has a new one year contract with Ducati. Now we just have to see who gets the other seat.    popcorn

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #380 on: July 28, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »

Hayden has a new one year contract with Ducati. Now we just have to see who gets the other seat.    popcorn

I heard it's gonna be Stoner... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...

« Reply #381 on: July 28, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »

I really enjoyed the qualifying session today Laguna Seca...what a track!! Shocked

But the highlight was def. the shot of the Monster Energy brunette (holding the umbrella) chug

BTW, Stoner was quite unhappy...hate to see him go next year. 

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

« Reply #382 on: July 29, 2012, 01:40:40 AM »

Looks like Spies will be riding w/ BMW Italia (WSBK) for 2013...most of the negotiations are complete...just working out final details. 

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #383 on: July 29, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »

So what precipitated this?  Was he fired by Yamaha?  Will he be riding a Suzuki in MotoGP next year? 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #384 on: July 29, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »

BTW, Stoner was quite unhappy...hate to see him go next year. 

True that, but he was just calling it exactly as it is, which is that MotoGP is a bunch of B.S. Amongst other things this stupid CRT class should be done away with. Scott Russell agreed wholeheartedly with that.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »

Looks like Spies will be riding w/ BMW Italia (WSBK) for 2013...most of the negotiations are complete...just working out final details. 

Said to be 99% done. Good deal. Now if only Colin Edwards could get a good ride over at WBSK instead of that stupid CRT.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

So what precipitated this?  Was he fired by Yamaha?  Will he be riding a Suzuki in MotoGP next year?  

Politics and poor season, poor support from Yamaha, which is a different animal than Yamaha WSBK ( of which there is no more at this time).  Last questions .... no & no.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2012, 06:34:58 AM »

MotoGP Laguna Seca 2012 --- one of the most boring races ever.   boo

Nicky should wear a cap that fits too.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:36:38 AM by MacDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:30 AM »

MotoGP Laguna Seca 2012 --- one of the most boring races ever.   boo

Nicky should wear a cap that fits too.   Roll Eyes

+1 on both counts...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

Was watching yesterday's race again this morning at my son's place, when he made an interesting observation.  When the workers reached Spies' bike and uprighted it after he crashed, it appeared as though the rear suspension was broken as the tail section was down on the tire.  The crash itself didn't appear to be all that nasty, so maybe the shock link or something else broke causing the crash.

I know that Scott Russell attributed Spies' race crash and his qualifying crash to the traction control, but isn't the TC supposed to prevent this type of crash?

Whatcha think, software or hardware problem?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: