Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:57:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198334 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »

Race 1 at Portimao...the WSBK boys show us once again that they are much more entertaining to watch than the MotoGP bunch... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »

Moto 2 at Aragon rocked!  Last seven, or so, laps just amazing!

MotoGP.  OK.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »

S--t!!! Evil Huh?

Watching the Ryder Cup...... Missed it all
Have to look for replays.

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »

S--t!!! Evil Huh?

Watching the Ryder Cup...... Missed it all
Have to look for replays.

Ryder Cup........... what a bunch of choke dickheads to blow a Sunday lead like that!  It's flat out amazing that almost any other time there would be almost no question who would come out on top but put into match play the Yanks just can come apart so easily. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

Ryder Cup........... what a bunch of choke dickheads to blow a Sunday lead like that!  It's flat out amazing that almost any other time there would be almost no question who would come out on top but put into match play the Yanks just can come apart so easily. 

Yep..... boo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »

It was good to see Johny Rae set a decent pace in another MotoGP race...he interviews surprising well and appears humble (wasn't expecting that from his riding style).  He admitted to losing a little time trying to figure out all the buttons on the bike before he said the heck w/ it and rode!  Rossi made a couple of mistakes that cost him a lot of time, but he had a promising rhythm.  Hayden's crash/toss looked painful...hope he'll be okay. 

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

This weekend is the finals for both WSBK and AMA.  Biaggi could seal the title in the first race although mathematically Sykes and Melandri could still get there by some stroke of magic fate.   Roll Eyes  Don't know if Melandri will be healed up enough.  What a dickhead -- cost himself a shot at the title and BMW a manufacturers title too.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #457 on: October 07, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »

Both WSBK races were absolutely amazing!

freeflydive

« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2012, 03:32:18 AM »

Definitely kept us on our toes!  My heart was rooting for Sykes to take the overall championship...so close by a 0.5 pt.   Dolph  

So, did anyone else notice the "Fox Sports" logo on top of "Speed?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:55:50 AM by freeflydive » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2012, 01:52:00 AM »

In Teresa's words..."lame a$$ race!"  Then again she's a little feisty after her gallbladder surgery she had this Friday.  

Cruchlow and Bautista had a good battle during the last few laps...felt bad for Crutchlow running out of fuel on the final lap.  I wonder if the ECU failed to lean the engine or if Crutchlow manually overrode the ECU map(s) to keep up his pace?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #460 on: October 15, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »

In Teresa's words..."lame a$$ race!"  Then again she's a little feisty after her gallbladder surgery she had this Friday.  

Cruchlow and Bautista had a good battle during the last few laps...felt bad for Crutchlow running out of fuel on the final lap.  I wonder if the ECU failed to lean the engine or if Crutchlow manually overrode the ECU map(s) to keep up his pace?

Right on Teresa!

I think somebody in Crutchlow's pit crew made a boo-boo. Not absolutely sure of this but I don't think the rider has any manual override. Something to check on.

freeflydive

« Reply #461 on: October 15, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »

Riders have the ability to switch preset maps...but you're right, they can't go into full overide mode.  During a previous interview with Jonathan Rea, he commented on how he lost a bit of time during a MotoGP event while playing with the maps, at different sections of the track, before he left Stoner's buttons alone.  

Most teams were worried about fuel consumption with the track layout...so it would be interesting to see who, if anyone, is at fault...although you have to wonder "if" Cal dropped back to 4th or even 5th place to maintain conservative pace would have allowed him to sneak across the finish line.  

---------------------------
I found this article after the above post (does that make it a "post-post?!")...the team isn't publicly pointing fingers.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/839/14605/Motorcycle-Article/Crutchlows-Podium-Run--Out-of-Gas.aspx

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:58:25 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »

MotoGP Australian GP from Philip Island, 7:00pm Sat on Speed...not a big Stoner fan, but I hope he wins this one...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:12:08 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »

I just hope it will be less boring than last week's race in Sepang (Malaysia).

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »

MotoGP at Valencia, 3:00 am Sunday on Speed...

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: