Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198476 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »

Pedrosa ain't from Texas... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2011, 01:04:11 AM »

Douchenozzle Mcmake the beast with two backsnugget better watch out. Honda's got a new golden boy now, and he just might find himself off the squad if he doesn't pull his shit together. Especially after he was photographed having a blast out on the town, then came on tv the next day (wearing a sling) saying how he's not fit enough to race...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »

A few weeks ago I had posted up in Racing & Trackdays that Dovi wasn't exactly chopped liver and someone replied that he was. Said that after this season he could be looking for a new ride. I don't know about that now.  There's Daniboy and Simo, who can't race consistently. I'd take Dovi over either one of those two now.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2011, 07:47:07 PM »

Assen MotoGP this Saturday...don't forget to set your DVR...

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2011, 11:09:13 PM »

Mine is set for Saturday at 0330 on Channel 1214...although Teresa has a habit of waking me up to watch it.  I'm interested to see how Rossi will perform w/ the new bike chassis.  If any one is interested, I have a subscription to motogp.com...PM me and I'll send you my username/pw.  
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:56:56 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »

Rossi not doing so good. He's back in the 3rd or 4th row. Hayden qualified ahead of him. The Ben is on the front row! I'm liking his Yamaha paint scheme. A big throwback to the old red & white from the TZ350 days. (Of course, I have this thing for red & white  Roll Eyes)

Thanks for the heads up on the Sat. time Gene!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2011, 10:26:51 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on the Sat. time Gene!

You're welcome...part of the credit goes to Oceanic's new programming guide which allows you to record a series...plug in MotoGP, F1, WSBK, NHRA, record the series, and as long as it is on the same channel it will record everything...you just have to sift through the recordings for reruns/practices, etc., that you don't wish to view...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:31:21 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2011, 03:42:08 PM »

Rossi not doing so good. He's back in the 3rd or 4th row. Hayden qualified ahead of him. The Ben is on the front row!

Ben Spies has been impressive from day 1, as a rookie last year, in the MotoGp circuit.  Looks like he would have taken pole position if Capirossi didn't crash ahead of him, causing yellow flags to go up.  "Side show" Simoncelli is looking strong, earning pole position...hopefully he'll break his stupid habits during the race.  

Here's the scoop from the Ducati press team...

Nicky Hayden had some difficulty finding a good rhythm during qualifying for the Assen TT, but a change to a different shock setting helped to improve his feeling with the bike near the end of the session and to finish with the ninth-best time.

After yesterday’s very positive initial outing in the rain during free practice, Valentino Rossi had only two hours to set up his new bike on a dry track and he wasn’t able to replicate yesterday’s performance. Tomorrow he’ll have to start from the eleventh spot on the grid.

Nicky Hayden:
“This morning we were trying to learn the step 2 chassis, but with the rain, we never got to compare back-to-back with the step 1 in similar conditions so, for this afternoon, we went with what we knew. We struggled a bit at the beginning of qualifying, and then when we put in the soft tyres, we also changed to a different shock setting that helped put some temperature in the tyre. I started getting a better feel and going faster, and like always, it would have been nice to get a few more laps. It’s not why we’re on the third row, but when Capirossi crashed, they should have red-flagged the session, because he was in the run-off area of a fast place. We’ve had just about every condition this weekend, so we’ll see what we get tomorrow. It could be a wild race.”

Valentino Rossi:
“We’re disappointed with qualifying because we had started quite well yesterday, so clearly, we expected things to go better today. We had a decent session this morning, but we weren’t able to improve, so we’ll start eleventh. The rear of the GP11.1 is better than the previous version, but we weren’t able to find a setup that allowed us to bring the tyres up to temperature, and at the moment, that’s making it difficult to find the feeling I need to ride hard and be strong on corner entry. I don’t think we’ve yet learned how to properly adjust the bike, and that’s something we knew could happen since we have so little time available. Still, this all helps us to gather experience for the future, and we have some ideas for tomorrow’s warm-up session that we hope will help us go faster in the race.”
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 07:14:06 PM by freeflydive » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »

Ben was very impressive throughout the race and maintained his humility during the press conference.  Side Show Simoncelli did it again, and continues to earn his nick name.

I'm liking his Yamaha paint scheme. A big throwback to the old red & white from the TZ350 days. (Of course, I have this thing for red & white  Roll Eyes

I like their new 50 anniv colors...I wonder what R6/1 paint scheme will look like next year. 

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »

Nice win Ben!... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »

You darn right!! That will do wonders for his confidence! Watch out now!

Simoncelli.  Great talent & potential but so far just racing with his dick.   Roll Eyes  Not getting him very far with points or the other riders.   Roll Eyes

Repsol better stick with Stoner & Dovi.  Pedrosa? ?  What a make the beast with two backsing weenie.  Both Crutchlow & Edwards were at it again with broken & stitched collarbones.  waytogo  Dani?  vomit

freeflydive

« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:48 AM »

Simoncelli.  Great talent & potential but so far just racing with his dick.   Roll Eyes  Not getting him very far with points or the other riders.   Roll Eyes

Agreed.  I think he'll be great to watch in the next season or two ... that's if he learns to match match his aggressive talent and temper it with a touch of maturity.  Until then, he'll continue to alienate himself from the MotoGP fans and peers/competition.

freeflydive

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »

The next MotoGP at Autodromo Mugello will be aired on SPEED channel at 2AM on Sunday...channel 1214 if you're on Oceanic.  All the racers are raving about the newly re-surfaced track.  Unfortunatley, Ducati team doesn't appear to feel strong about their bike set up, BUT...Rossi is considered the most successful rider at Mugello, with 9x victories under his belt (7 of which were MotoGP) .  Simoncelli has been posting faster lap times over the Repsol bikes...but something tells me he'll blow it during the race.  Hopefully it will be a fun and dry race :-D  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:01:45 PM by freeflydive » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

Actually a good race today. Nice finish by Dovi!

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »

Actually a good race today. Nice finish by Dovi!

+1...

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: