Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:57:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198382 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

World Super Bike 2nd race, in a downpour!   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »

Anyone besides me perturbed that Speed is not showing this Sunday's WSBK races until Tueday?... Angry

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

Anyone besides me perturbed that Speed is not showing this Sunday's WSBK races until Tueday?... Angry

WHAT??
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:19:39 PM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »

WHAT??

If you can find WSBK on Speed on Sunday, let me know... Huh?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »

Not that I don't believe you as Speed would do something as F'd up as that but jeeeez.........

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »

Coupla good races at Imola... waytogo
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:59:40 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2011, 08:36:12 AM »

That's for sure!  Just finished watching Race 2 last night. Good passing in both races and funny how the race turns out sometimes. It was good to see Haga back in the mix of things.

This weekend will be busy with both MotoGP and WSBK. I wonder if Speed will delay the showings again?   Roll Eyes

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2011, 02:15:31 PM »

I wonder if Speed will delay the showings again?   Roll Eyes

There's this neat new thing called racing underground racing for me you know.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2011, 11:14:33 PM »

From today's MotoGP practice session at Motegi (Thurs in HI / Fri in Japan since they are across the date line).  After all the radiation worries & drama they all showed up for the race (shocking)  Roll Eyes!  I hope Spies gets well enough by race time.

Under darkening skies, the MotoGP class headed out for the second free practice session on Friday which saw no fewer than six riders run off the track during the outing.

All but one of the riders in the field improved upon their earlier times with the top four spots of the day going to the Factory Hondas. Dani Pedrosa took over the top spot with 21 minutes to go and set a new fast lap of 1’46.790 ahead of team mate Stoner by a margin of 0.054s. Andrea Dovizioso followed with a 1’46.952, an improvement of eight tenths over his FP1 time, with San Carlo Honda Gresini Team’s Marco Simoncelli occupying the fourth spot after leading in the early part of the session.

Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) was fifth in the combined times, posting a lap at 1’47.310, six tenths better than his earlier time, while Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team), who had been third in FP1, bettered his earlier time by four tenths to end the day in sixth.

Hiroshi Aoyama (San Carlo Honda Gresini) stepped up his pace by a full second, putting the Japanese rider seventh with a time of 1’47.785, two tenths ahead of Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi in eighth. Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) ended the day ninth just 0.02s ahead of Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) in tenth.

Yamaha Factory Racing’s Ben Spies was the sole rider who did not improve in the outing, the American retired from the session after completing just 5 laps after exhaustion took over him due to fighting an illness the past two days. He checked himself into the medical center and will try to rest enough to participate in tomorrow’s events.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:37:30 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #204 on: September 30, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »

Local times for Speed broadcast

MotoGP     Saturday night Oct. 1   @ 10:00pm     Channels  1214 & 214

WSBK Race 1  Sunday morn Oct. 2  @ 9:00am

WSBK Race 2  Sunday morn Oct. 2  @ 10:00am

MotoGP rebroadcast  11:00am right after WSBK Race 2

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2011, 08:35:13 AM »

Barring any craziness Checa likely has the WSBK championship sewed up.

MotoGP should be interesting from here on out.  44 points separating Stoner & Lorenzo and just 4 races to go. Dare we ask too much to see some great fighting?

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2011, 01:51:35 AM »

Rossi reportedly injured his hand (fracture pinky) as a result of his crash at Motegi...looks like Hayden will be doing most the final testing for the GP12 bike in Jerez.  Not sure who's had worse luck this year in MotoGP, Rossi or Ducati!

"Left Pinky Injury for Valentino Rossi. Tomorrow Nicky Hayden will test the GP12 at Jerez

Valentino Rossi's fall in the Japanese Grand Prix on Sunday was not without consequences, although the initial examination suggested otherwise. Due to the severity of the pain and swelling in his left hand, the Italian on Tuesday underwent additional X-rays that revealed a hairline fracture at the arthrodesis of the first and second phalanx (performed following a fall at Assen in 1995) of the pinky finger on his left hand. Rossi's participation in the Australian Grand Prix on October 16 is not in doubt.

Tomorrow, Thursday 6 October, Nicky Hayden will test the GP12 at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain, using the last of eight days the team is allowed with the 2012 bike."

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2011, 08:40:43 AM »

If Edwards could race with a broke collar bone then Rossi sure as hell can race with a sore finger.  laughingdp

Dorna is so full of it!  Most of the rules should be lifted. They should limit displacement, weight and the amount of electronic rider/engine assistance. That's it and then get the F out of everybody's way. Run whatever tires, how many ever engines and as much development testing that is wanted. It's the OPEN class for cryin' out loud!

There's plenty of other divisions and classes for all of the other "equalizing" rules.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »

Checa is going to be testing the GP12 as well.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2011, 11:22:41 PM »

Some good racin' at Portimao this past weekend... waytogo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: