Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 10:36:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 315034 times)
DRKWNG

« Reply #2670 on: January 20, 2013, 02:44:14 PM »

Finally got the mountain bike out. Brutal reminder how badly out of pedaling shape I am.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
JoeP

« Reply #2671 on: January 21, 2013, 06:48:30 AM »

Finally got the mountain bike out. Brutal reminder how badly out of pedaling shape I am.

Did you go to Fountainhead? I took the dog to Meadowood yesterday. Fast and flowy!!
DRKWNG

« Reply #2672 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11:54 AM »

No, FountainHead is closed due to the trails being too wet.  My car is in the shop at the moment, and I didn't want to put a dirty bike in the loaner I have, so I just went over to Laurel Hill. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2673 on: January 24, 2013, 05:40:40 AM »

Dug and pushed out a car stuck on a hill in my hood, so they wouldn't slide into the neighbors car that my wife had already slid into... good times

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ducati culture

My freedom is worth my life and my soul..........

« Reply #2674 on: January 29, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »

Dug and pushed out a car stuck on a hill in my hood, so they wouldn't slide into the neighbors car that my wife had already slid into... good times

The weather was that bad?

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2675 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:03 PM »

The weather was that bad?

the frozen ground with slick powder on top paired with the fact that he lives on an incline is apparently enough for a situation like that to come to a head....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG

« Reply #2676 on: January 29, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

Landed in Denver.

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2677 on: January 30, 2013, 05:33:42 AM »

the frozen ground with slick powder on top paired with the fact that he lives on an incline is apparently enough for a situation like that to come to a head....

Exactly - this was 6'ish am an no other vehicles had gone through and no preventative treatment like salt had been done in my hood. There's a short, but rather steep section where the wife slid and this other guy got stuck. Steep and slick enough that I and a couple other folks, all in proper winter foot gear could not go up the paved surface until I retreated home and returned with the (clean) kitty litter box.

M had slid down and clipped the brush bars on neighbors older Land Rover. Brush bar got a dent and a little bend - in return the Kia she drives got the bumper busted open down to the washer reservoir (busted too) and creased both passenger side doors. Good times.

The other guy, was attempting to rescue is friend, but didn't know the area and made the mistake of coming into my hood. His some what ratty PT cruiser got stuck going up that same section and started to crab towards the Land Rover - so he did the smart thing by stopping any attempts at motion without some aid. Some litter, some shovel love and a few well aimed shoves and he was able to creep back down the hill safely.

- Though this was *AFTER* I shoed a couple new neighbors away who thought it was a good idea to help PT cruiser guy out my placing themselves between the PT and LR so they could *attempt* to guide the PT past the LR if it started to crab again. Lucky for them, I got back with my gear before anyone started moving, so I didn't have to call EMS and a tow truck to pry them out from between the two vehicles.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #2678 on: January 30, 2013, 06:48:36 AM »

Landed in Denver.

What's in Denver?

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #2679 on: January 30, 2013, 01:41:05 PM »

What's in Denver?
Ben is!

DRKWNG

« Reply #2680 on: January 30, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »

Ben is!

Fact!

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2681 on: January 31, 2013, 04:04:29 AM »

Ben...you tryin the Mile High Bucking Bronco or something?

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG

« Reply #2682 on: January 31, 2013, 06:26:28 AM »

Just came out for a work trip, and to start laying the groundwork to try and move out here in the next couple of years.

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2683 on: January 31, 2013, 06:29:42 AM »

Denver proper or some other spot in CO?

I'd like to move back some day.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
DRKWNG

« Reply #2684 on: January 31, 2013, 06:30:59 AM »

In/around Denver. I'd be working on Buckley.

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: