Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 01:57:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 201   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 314857 times)
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2820 on: June 16, 2013, 02:18:43 AM »

Dusted off the DA orbital to started the paint correction process on the neglected (PO) Miata. I applied a clay bar, cleaner/polish, swirl/ light scratch remover, glaze and carnuba wax. The paint is almost there but I think the front bumper needs a light rubbing compound to make it really shine.

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
JoeP

« Reply #2821 on: June 16, 2013, 03:52:29 AM »

Yesterday: 45-mile dirt road ride with the wife on cross bikes. Great route from Leesburg to Middleburg to Philomont. About 65% gravel roads, good climbs, great scenery. Gonna hit Fountainhead this morning with wifey and kiddo.
DRKWNG

« Reply #2822 on: June 16, 2013, 04:34:47 AM »

Gonna hit Fountainhead this morning with wifey and kiddo.

Same here, just not sure when, but hopefully while some folk are still at church.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
JoeP

« Reply #2823 on: June 16, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

Same here, just not sure when, but hopefully while some folk are still at church.

Did you see all the fire trucks out there? A kid knocked himself out on one of the fast swoopers. Took ems a while before they got to him.
DRKWNG

« Reply #2824 on: June 16, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »

Did you see all the fire trucks out there? A kid knocked himself out on one of the fast swoopers. Took ems a while before they got to him.

No I didn't.  I actually waited a bit and didn't get there until about one o'clock.  I saw a guy plant the top of his head into the ground, coming off the first ramp/drop section on the blue loop, out there a few weeks ago though.  Dude had no idea who he was after that.  We got him to sit and chill for a while, and things started to come back to him after about half an hour.  Ended up walking him out and had EMS waiting for him.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Jdan

« Reply #2825 on: June 16, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »

Took the old man and my brother out for a father's day ride.

I think i saw lars on the side of governor's bridge road around 1pm too.
DRKWNG

« Reply #2826 on: June 16, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »

On the side?  As in broken down?  Or was he just contemplating another ham sammich?

venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #2827 on: June 16, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

Sold an Ironhead Sportster. More room!
More money.....to race.  VIR?Huh?  Double header weekend coming up

Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2828 on: June 16, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

anybody else aside from me here running in the Baltimore 10 Miler this weekend?

How was it?

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2829 on: June 17, 2013, 04:04:07 AM »

How was it?

1:31:56....last 3 weeks life slowed down my running schedule to once a week...and it was a hilly course ( the last mile was almost all climb at a pretty good vertical)...so all things considered, it was good, just not as successful as I might have liked as I kinda wanted to break 1:30 on that course....I knew I wasn't going to beat my Cherry Blossom time of 1:24 and change....I had negative splits up till mile 7 or 8 ( I'd have to look at my Garmin watch to get the specifics)I'd do that race again in a heartbeat as it is well run and decent shwag to boot!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2830 on: June 17, 2013, 09:11:37 AM »

1:31:56....last 3 weeks life slowed down my running schedule to once a week...and it was a hilly course ( the last mile was almost all climb at a pretty good vertical)...so all things considered, it was good, just not as successful as I might have liked as I kinda wanted to break 1:30 on that course....I knew I wasn't going to beat my Cherry Blossom time of 1:24 and change....I had negative splits up till mile 7 or 8 ( I'd have to look at my Garmin watch to get the specifics)I'd do that race again in a heartbeat as it is well run and decent shwag to boot!

Congrats on the time! I guess now, you are training for the MCM, correct? Did the Bmore run take you thru Federal Hill, Canton and/or Fells Point?

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2831 on: June 17, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »

Congrats on the time! I guess now, you are training for the MCM, correct? Did the Bmore run take you thru Federal Hill, Canton and/or Fells Point?

Baltimore Zoo to Lake Montibello and back....basically....

yes...formal traning plan starts on the 26th....but will be running to keep up till that point....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG

« Reply #2832 on: June 19, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »

Watched my debit card go up in smoke...

Autohag

« Reply #2833 on: June 19, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

Watched my debit card go up in smoke...

Fraud?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2834 on: June 19, 2013, 04:57:33 PM »

Fraud?
New bicycle is my bet

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 201   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: