Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 27, 2024, 06:18:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metro DC! Who's up for a ride this weekend?  (Read 199872 times)
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #960 on: May 03, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »

I looked over the full res file and you really can't anything out of it. Just looks exactly like tocino said, stiffened up or looked off into the wild green yonder.

Also, it's tough to tell because of the wide angle lens but I remember that turn. It starts going over a rise then breaks right. My money is that you crested the hill and saw a sharper right than you expected (I know I did) and tensed up. I did the same thing later in the ride when some shit pavement cropped up right before a hard left hander. It's a tough thing to shake it and trust the bike enough to just lean in and go.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #961 on: May 04, 2011, 04:33:50 AM »

So anyone up for a little something Saturday on the early side down NOVA way? I've gotta knock some rust off and the weather man says it's saturday or not at all this weekend.

And I need to keep it shorter since I'm making the pilgrimage up to chez Statler in the after-evening.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #962 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:26 AM »

I'm out for Saturday, picking up some recliners in the AM then drinking all Statler's booze later in the evening as well.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
DRKWNG

« Reply #963 on: May 04, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »

I'm in for Saturday.  And as far as ending early; don't let Autohag come along.   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #964 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »

Yeh... I dint feel like ending Sunday morning.

Any suggestions - I usually like a warm up in Clifton at the start of the season to knock off ring rust. But I'm open

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #965 on: May 04, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

Even though it is in my area..a no go for me.   Taking the SVT Lightning to a car show at Cowles Ford

Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #966 on: May 04, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »

I'll take some of this saturday action...tell me where and when to be.

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
accludetuner
Jennifer Connelly's boobs give me a raging

I AM NOT A MONSTER!

« Reply #967 on: May 04, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »

Count me in. I'll be in RIC but I'll head up that way for a ride. I'm not gonna be doing anything too crazy. Only had the bike 2 weeks and still trying to get used to her. I trust the bike.....I don't trust myself Sad

I can fit massive amounts of meat in my mouth!

My 748/916/996/998 SBK parts for sale!
DRKWNG

« Reply #968 on: May 04, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »

Yeh... I dint feel like ending Sunday morning.

Any suggestions - I usually like a warm up in Clifton at the start of the season to knock off ring rust. But I'm open

Pick the spot. I'm not that familiar with the VA roads, so I'll follow your lead.  As far as where to meet, how about Caribou, or Best Buns in Shirlington?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Lars D

« Reply #969 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:21 PM »

I will be riding this Saturday.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #970 on: May 04, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »

RIC?

Best Buns is my favored spot of the two.

I'm not planning on crazy. I just got my bike reassembled and I'm not looking to do any more work on it for a while  Wink

Clifton is a good warm up and proving ground as there's a fun segment that is easily made into a loop. There's also handy food and gas right there. But the conditions down there can vary depending on how the weathers been recently - so a first go around will be to have a look see at the conditions.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #971 on: May 04, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »

But the conditions down there can vary depending on how the weathers been recently - so a first go around will be to have a look see at the conditions.

And the second? Evil Evil

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
accludetuner

I AM NOT A MONSTER!

« Reply #972 on: May 04, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »

RIC?
Richmond

I don't know the area you guys are planning on riding so I'm just following.

Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #973 on: May 04, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »

Oh Clifton is in Southern Fairfax County - might be a bit of a hop for you to link up.

The second, we go faster and stay on our side of the dbl yellow  Grin And in the case of what I call Gazebo turn, we work to stay on the road at all.

There's usually a car track or two off the road at Gazebo. It's a 90 degree off camber left at the bottom of a decently steep hill. Makes for a fun body position exercise.

Here's a street view link. Generally you're coming from the right (the view should be looking at the gazebo) and carry on to the left. You can see that the carry on is very much off camber for that left.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:26:44 AM by Sad Panda » Logged

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
accludetuner

I AM NOT A MONSTER!

« Reply #974 on: May 04, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »

eh, I live near Baltimore and I'm riding down to Richmond tomorrow anyway. It's not too far back up to Fairfax (15-35 mins depending on speed  Evil). I make the trip down to RIC regularly so it's not bad, but the long distance straight driving is starting to square my tires up so I desperately need to get out and run some twistys to round them off again. Looking forward to this weekend Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 105   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: