Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 02:10:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAM (not quite so official) Say Anything Thread  (Read 173703 times)
DRKWNG

« Reply #570 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

Just ride it stock for a while and get the feel of it.  Those bikes are set up pretty nice as they come, so no need to rush out and drop money on anything.  Well, except for a suspension set up, but with the '09 all you're really looking at is getting it set up versus tearing into it. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #571 on: March 29, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

Just ride it stock for a while... ...so no need to rush out and drop money on anything...

You shut your whore mouth  laughingdp

We all know the formula for motorcycle success is:

1. Love the way the bike runs and handles
2. Buy shiny parts
3. Rip off everything that works great
4. Replace with parts designed to make a race bike tenths of a second faster
5. Hate the way the bike runs and handles
6. Sell it.
7. ...Profit?

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »

You shut your whore mouth  laughingdp

We all know the formula for motorcycle success is:

1. Love the way the bike runs and handles
2. Buy shiny parts
3. Rip off everything that works great
4. Replace with parts designed to make a race bike tenths of a second faster
5. Hate the way the bike runs and handles
6. Sell it.
7. ...Profit?

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
With a whore mouth like that you'd think he'd have a whole flock of Ducs after only a single Saturday night!

Some things have to go though...that license plate hemorrhoid on the back MUST GO!

Some things are a must: frame sliders...well, we know how I ride! 'Nuf said.

Some things are a maybe:
Maybe some lighting baubles....oooohh, shiny!
Maybe some mirrors....oooohh, shiny!
Depending on how the exhaust sounds in person...maybe I can stand it for a while. Leo Vince is pretty cheap for this! I'll be scouring the triumph forums as well.

And some things are a no go:
No need for the fancy plug in ready quick shifter that was "free" from Pete's cycle, I'm still gonna be slow.

And I'll still come in cheaper than Pete's if I get everything on here.

And then there's the power commander and on and on, but that'll be later.

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
696DCRider

« Reply #573 on: March 29, 2011, 01:53:54 PM »

Nice buy  waytogo.
DRKWNG

« Reply #574 on: March 29, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »

Oh believe me, I've already been down the road of mods for the Daytona.  As far as the exhaust goes, the Leo Vince full system is the best sounding in my opinion, but they claim it won't readily fit the post '08 bikes.  Zard makes a really nice full system as well, and while it is a little raspier than the LV, it's no where near as deep.  And for the record, there's no need to go PCIII/V for that bike.  TuneECU is already set up to map the stock ecu on the bike, and I've got all the needed bits.  We just need to find you a good map to go with it...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Meerkat

« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2011, 02:30:56 PM »

Oh believe me, I've already been down the road of mods for the Daytona.  As far as the exhaust goes, the Leo Vince full system is the best sounding in my opinion, but they claim it won't readily fit the post '08 bikes.  Zard makes a really nice full system as well, and while it is a little raspier than the LV, it's no where near as deep.  And for the record, there's no need to go PCIII/V for that bike.  TuneECU is already set up to map the stock ecu on the bike, and I've got all the needed bits.  We just need to find you a good map to go with it...

I agree about the LV system sounding best (at least on the youtube videos I've been drooling over)...the Akrapovic is quite nice as well. I have to find out more about this TuneECU thing. Here's a whole thread of map-a-liciousness! http://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44225 I'll have plenty of time to play this summer, so will probably beg, borrow or steal your tuning goodies. Grin

How's the SD?

Edit: Hells bells, Man! That shit is free! Where do I get a cable?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:33:06 PM by Ducatician » Logged

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #576 on: March 29, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »

The Akra is just a slip on.  I'd either get the Arrow or the TOR if I was just getting a slip/on.  For a full system though, I'd probably do a Zard for an '09.

Seriously though, focus on the suspension first.  You'd be surprised at how well that thing will scoot with properly set up bouncy bits.

Edit: Hells bells, Man! That shit is free! Where do I get a cable?

I've got one.

Meerkat

« Reply #577 on: March 29, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »

Seriously though, focus on the suspension first.  You'd be surprised at how well that thing will scoot with properly set up bouncy bits.

Yes, father. Just please don't ground me and send me to my room! laughingdp laughingdp

You around next Saturday 4/9? I'll let you ride it out to Steve's for my Lard Ass Suspension Clinic, where I'll let you help set up the suspension. MRP's suspension guy is out for 6-8 weeks and there's now way I'm gonna go that long without riding a new toy!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #578 on: March 29, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »

lol  You'll let me help set the suspension?  How kind of you. 

Meerkat

« Reply #579 on: March 29, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

lol  You'll let me help set the suspension?  How kind of you. 

I thought you might like that richness! Grin Grin

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #580 on: March 30, 2011, 03:04:40 PM »

Looks like another bike got stolen from the complex yesterday/last night... 

Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #581 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »

Want a nasty (bluff) letter from a nasty ('nother bluff) lawyer?

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #582 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:58 PM »

For any northerners up in balmore...   Peter is playing open mic night at hightopps tonight.   Won't know what time until later.  Sometime between 9 and 10:30.   I'm going up at 9:30 (earliest I could get babysitter).

He'll do it again next week.   

And expect full sets out soon. 

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #583 on: March 30, 2011, 03:50:12 PM »

Shit-balls. Gonna tape a CS grenade to the handlebars?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Meerkat

« Reply #584 on: March 30, 2011, 04:11:15 PM »

Hopefully your house buying comes through soon so you can get the hell out of there! That is some shit!!!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: