Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 15, 2024, 10:13:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CAM (not quite so official) Say Anything Thread  (Read 173648 times)
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #615 on: April 05, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

I only dove for cover a few times.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
DRKWNG

« Reply #616 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »

The gun-fire has definitely subsided, that's for sure.  It's still there to a degree, but I've recently noticed a slight exhaust leak coming from where the header connects to the slip-on's mid pipe.  Hoping that will go away with a new graphite gasket, which these bikes are known to go through.

As far as how it's actually running?  All I can say is waytogo.  The map I installed took care of at least 90% of the on/off throttle snatchiness and also cured the hunting/surging that the bike used to do under 4500 rpms.  One more thing I want to do is take up the bit of remaining of the slack in the throttle cable, and then sync that to the activation of the throttle bodies.  I need to delve a little further into all the features that TuneECU lets you adjust, because the possibilities seem almost endless.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #617 on: April 05, 2011, 06:28:02 PM »

I need to delve a little further into all the features that TuneECU lets you adjust, because the possibilities seem almost endless.

drool drool popcorn bacon

Anybody know a good exhaust shop/welder?

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
DRKWNG

« Reply #618 on: April 05, 2011, 06:38:08 PM »

If I had an '09+ Daytona, I'd either go with the Zard or this one.

GPR su Daytona 675

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Meerkat

« Reply #619 on: April 05, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »

If I had an '09+ Daytona, I'd either go with the Zard or this one.

GPR su Daytona 675

Love the sound. Hate the look of the GPR. Plus I'm so slow, someone would surely call me a poseur with an exhaust like that. Of course, this would be nothing new for me. Grin

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #620 on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:19 AM »

Oh Ben... http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=47868.0;topicseen

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
DRKWNG

« Reply #621 on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:07 AM »

WON'T LOOK!!  CAN'T LOOK!!

Meerkat

« Reply #622 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:23 AM »

WON'T LOOK!!  CAN'T LOOK!!

Liar! You should look!  bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #623 on: April 07, 2011, 02:20:02 PM »

Oh.

Meerkat

« Reply #624 on: April 07, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »

Oh.

I was thinking you might get a little bit excited thinking about Lars' reaction to a Turbo SD.

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #625 on: April 07, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »

Here you go Jim.

http://www.feelthetrack.com/tuning_guide.htm

Meerkat

« Reply #626 on: April 07, 2011, 02:40:13 PM »

Awesome! I've seen several different places, but nothing that looks as comprehensive as this. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #627 on: April 07, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »

Dave Moss knows a thing or two...

Here's some more data to go by. 

http://www.ohlins.com/Checkpoint-Ohlins/Setting-Up-Your-Bike/Underrubrik_1/

Most importantly though, we'll want to take thorough notes of everything we do...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:55:22 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

Meerkat

« Reply #628 on: April 11, 2011, 04:14:08 PM »

I hate it when it's pretty outside and I'm stuck at work!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
DRKWNG

« Reply #629 on: April 11, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

After spending some time in the class, riding and talking to the instructors, I decided some of my hesitancy in corners (besides fear itself) is from an unsettled suspension. Keeping the bike at a lesser lean angle was helpful in settling the suspension and allowing me to carry more speed into the turn.

So, notice any difference in the way you/it feel/s after I tweaked the damping on the Daytona?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: