Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:20:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Enfield coming to Vespa PDX  (Read 1403 times)
scott_araujo

« on: June 17, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »

Anyone else see this?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/1794160795.html

"we are the new Royal Enfield dealer in Portland. Stop by Vespa Portland to check it out"

Looks like the bike Moto Corsa had on display for a while.  Arun had said he was considering selling them, either at Moto Corsa or across the street.  Guess not any more.  Oh well, nice to have a local dealer for these.

Scott

scott_araujo

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »

I stopped by yesterday.  They've already got 5 in stock and are totally psyched to be carrying them.

Scott
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

My Royal Enfield was a 1938 model G Engined 1956 Model G deluxe Clipper 350. The real deal!.......Had it for years, rode it all over hell and back. Great bike as long as you only wanted to go around 68 mph tops. Brakes were good, handling really bad had an old single seat with springs on it. Great bike!It now lives in Inverness Castle Scotland.It was a ojne kick start , did not have a key,and never let me down, solid old reliable single. Shame the new bikes are not the same........

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
scott_araujo

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »

The new new bikes are better.  When they first came to the States in the 90s it was the old engine with Indian build quality, not the best.  They did a few updates: electronic ignition, 12V electrics, electric start.  Still fairly unreliable.  Then there was the AVL engine that replace the old iron cylinder engine.  Still no dice.

Now they have the Unit Construction Engine (UCE) new in 2009.  Much better so far.  Top speed up to a claimed 82mph.  Not much fun to ride any faster than 70 by most account and even that can be hair raising.  My wife likes the teal C5.  I plan to get one and add a Cozy sidecar once the little guy gets a little older.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: